Page 51 of 123 FirstFirst ... 314143444546474849505152535455565758596171 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

Quote Originally Posted by wadedc View Post
    None of the factory rounds I have tried work as good as my 168 AMAX Varget handloads.

Those are some great groups, care to share your rifle specs and lead recipe your using?

Cheers
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”

Now where are all the naysayers that were on about the rifles lack of accuracy? Strangely quiet.[/QUOTE]

Nice groups for sure. 100m ?
    So ATRS bold comment, so to back that comment on accuracy are you putting a gaurantee of say .75 MOA on the MH with hanloads ?
    Its nice to see everyone so excited about this rifle and it is a nice setup for sure but most tagets posted on here are at best 1.5 MOA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K45 View Post
    Now where are all the naysayers that were on about the rifles lack of accuracy? Strangely quiet.

I'm sure there will be a 308 non restricted shootout some day soon once the mh becomes more main stream. I would put my money that the mh comes out on top. Even against the Swiss.

Last edited by 6MT; 02-26-2017 at 12:57 AM.

CGN Regular
    I'm amazed people are still questioning accuracy on this rifle.
    Factory loads are rarely consistent so to guarantee anything more than 1 moa with of the shelf stuff would be tough. This is the first rifle I've ever loaded for ( I was a little nervous, but asked allot of questions until I was comfortable ) I have only worked with 1 powder and 1 bullet and have so far only done 1/2 grain increments and I'm already into the 3/4 moa with 5 shot groups.
    Many of my groups were 1/4-1/2 moa on 3 shots.
    I never found a factory round I was thrilled with.
    The rifle seems to be happy with 168 Amax and varget

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    So ATRS bold comment, so to back that comment on accuracy are you putting a gaurantee of say .75 MOA on the MH with hanloads ?
    Its nice to see everyone so excited about this rifle and it is a nice setup for sure but most tagets posted on here are at best 1.5 MOA

Since when is the M.H. a "precision" rifle?

My understanding from the start was that it is a semi-auto hunting rifle. And besides, my manual says that the warranty is void if you use "hand-loads". So, what gives with all this accuracy bashing anyways? I've taken mine out to 300 yards and hit inside a 3 inch circle. I intend to take it out further for "target practice" only just to see what it's capable of.

But, imho, this is a very accurate hunting rifle. And who will be hunting with a .308 beyond 300 yards anyways. (That is, if we're still talking about this as a "hunting rifle" as it implies in its name.)

sorry, you may bash away nay-sayers
    There is no question in my mind about the accuracy of my MH.... I was hitting the small Gryphon binary targets (about 2-3 inches wide) at 500 yards shot after shot. Shooting the factory 6.5 Creedmoor was probably achieving about 1 to 1.5 MOA; my handloads will perform around .5... I've had groups as small as .3 and as large as .75. Not sure, but it's probably me that is the limitation when my groups open up.

Can't wait to plink steel at 1KM when I get the chance.
    Last edited by michaelg; 08-27-2015 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Fixed quotation tags

Hi Michaelg, what did you find was your best hand load for your 6.5?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar

Since when is the M.H. a "precision" rifle?

My understanding from the start was that it is a semi-auto hunting rifle. And besides, my manual says that the warranty is void if you use "hand-loads". So, what gives with all this accuracy bashing anyways? I've taken mine out to 300 yards and hit inside a 3 inch circle. I intend to take it out further for "target practice" only just to see what it's capable of.

But, imho, this is a very accurate hunting rifle. And who will be hunting with a .308 beyond 300 yards anyways. (That is, if we're still talking about this as a "hunting rifle" as it implies in its name.)

sorry, you may bash away nay-sayers[/QUOTE]

Rick said near the beginning of production the MH is a .5 to .75 MOA rifle....some people are waiting to see if this holds up!

My understanding from the start was that it is a semi-auto hunting rifle. And besides, my manual says that the warranty is void if you use "hand-loads".
    I'd like it clarified if the 3 yr warranty is voided for "damage due to high velocity, high pressure, reloaded or other nonstandard ammunition" means any reloaded ammo or only high pressure high velocity reloads, as in going outside the specs in the reloading books? Seems to me must mean hot loads as during testing and throughout ATRS has spoken of "not having time to develop loads yet" etc early on when the accuracy questions began.

Last edited by 6MT; 02-26-2017 at 12:58 AM.