Page 107 of 123 FirstFirst ... 879799100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1228

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

Look at the purdy thing I just received!
    All perfumed up in CLP... I swear I heard "take me" as I opened the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

Very nice setup . Similar to my system . I pick mine up in a week and a half . Can't wait to hear and see the range report .

Dressed her up.

Port side:

Starboard side:

Business end:

Time to feed the new pet!
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

Man i can't wait for mine to show up! Ordered in august so hopefully that batch is ready to go in not too long.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars"

Finally found a bit of time to hit the range late PM today. Her first time so oiled her up real good and fired a few break in shots at 50 yard, also to bring the POI on the paper.
    Ran the brush in the bore after shot #3, #8 and 15 to detect if any copper was accumulating. No blueish-greenish patches so was pretty pleased.

The mag fed the rounds well and the bolt chambered them flawlessly. That said, man everything is so tight: even pissing lubricant from everywhere, holding back a little on the charging lever would stop the forward course of the BCG!! Letting it go from the back is what it took.

Absolutely no BS, here are the very first 7 shots at 100 yards, including 3 to establish the 100yd zero

Only had time to shoot a box of 20 rounds as I was getting cold and sun was about to set. Here is my 3rd and last target of the day:

I was shooting surplus Hirtenberger. Top quality plinking ammo IMHO. I am not a great shooter (nervous wreck) so judge by yourself.

I'm extremely pleased with the rifle. I love it. A keeper.

Thank you ATRS, your fine product makes me real happy.
    Spock to Kirk:

I had a longer review post but it got lost in cyber space . So this is going to be shortened . Took the rifle out this weekend , put about 40 rounds through it . Functioned flawlessly . Range varied from 100-800 metres . Winds were about 3-4 mph full value . With wind I was able to keep around 1moa . So happy with the rifle . Two thumbs up . I'm not a bench rest shooter and didn't bring the equipment this weekend to shoot tiny groups . Three rounds touching cloverleaf at 100m but didn't measure it as that's close enough for me . When properly set up I'll shoot accuracy groups .

Quote Originally Posted by Expired Ninja View Post
    I had a longer review post but it got lost in cyber space . So this is going to be shortened . Took the rifle out this weekend , put about 40 rounds through it . Functioned flawlessly . Range varied from 100-800 metres . Winds were about 3-4 mph full value . With wind I was able to keep around 1moa . So happy with the rifle . Two thumbs up . I'm not a bench rest shooter and didn't bring the equipment this weekend to shoot tiny groups . Three rounds touching cloverleaf at 100m but didn't measure it as that's close enough for me . When properly set up I'll shoot accuracy groups .

Great to hear! What were you using for ammo?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UR2X3M4ME View Post
    Dressed her up.

Port side:

Starboard side:

Business end:

Time to feed the new pet!
    Beautiful rifle! I was wondering what was your thoughts on the Sierra S7 bipod and the claw feets?

168 gr Amax with 43gr Varget. Load development hasn't been started yet but pretty happy with that .

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Beautiful rifle! I was wondering what was your thoughts on the Sierra S7 bipod and the claw feets?
    Thanks.
    Very sturdy bipod, but not a cheap option. It takes more strength than usual to lower/raised legs but absolutely no movement once set into position. Allows pan & cant adjustments, great for tracking a moving game. Claw feet are very aggressive to contact surface, they dig - kitchen table and thigh warning... I like them. Extra leg options (with rubber feet) are available on their website. Got it from ATRS.
    Spock to Kirk: