Page 55 of 123 FirstFirst ... 354547484950515253545556575859606162636575 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

Last edited by 6MT; 02-26-2017 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Anybody else have an issue where the non-reciprocating charging handle has a tendancy to reciprocate every shot?
    No issues with mine, but I am pretty sure that ATRS would really appreciate a call from you so that they can solve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    No issues with mine, but I am pretty sure that ATRS would really appreciate a call from you so that they can solve the issue.
    My handle comes open on last round fired but doesn't reciprocate

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Obviously, however I want some more time than 50 rounds with it to diagnose what is the exact issue, or when it happens so I can provide Rick with more info. I also do not have time to play with it until after harvest, nor do I have time to talk to Rick about the issue unfortunately.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Obviously, however I want some more time than 50 rounds with it to diagnose what is the exact issue, or when it happens so I can provide Rick with more info. I also do not have time to play with it until after harvest, nor do I have time to talk to Rick about the issue unfortunately.
    Well, when you have time PLEASE call us. This is not normal and needs to be dealt with.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

delete
    Last edited by Lyndo; 09-20-2015 at 07:15 PM.

^ nice shooting Lyndo

thanks for the report

Quote Originally Posted by lejarretnoir View Post
    Good to see the MH is up and running and doing what it's intended purpose is. Wasn't expecting Precision Rifle accuracy and it seems to be on par with most factory bolt actions and factory ammo.
    What ?!
    I haven't seen anything that remotely approaches that.

Quote Originally Posted by ntm View Post
    What ?!
    I haven't seen anything that remotely approaches that.

I really, really do. The fact is, most 7-800 dollar rifles will shoot <MOA consistently off the shelf. I'm not attacking ATRS by any means, I've had great dealings with them so far so no need for the white knights to show up and attack me. The problem is that I've been wanting a NR AR type rifle to shoot medium-long range (out to 1000m or so) with for years now. At first glance, the MH was it. It came from a company known for building really, really accurate rifles and was able to use tons of AR parts.

The bottom line is that I still want a semi like the MH that I can take out in the woods and stretch its legs a little, but a rifle that seems to struggle to shoot <MOA isn't going to cut it, especially at current prices. And before someone points out the sub half minute group posted above, I have news for you. If your gun consistently prints MOA+ groups, but every once in a while when the stars align, your zodiac symbol is in the sky, and mercury is in retrograde, and your rifle shoots a quarter minute group, it still isn't a quarter minute gun. Some of you may say I'm not being realistic, but I don't think so. There's nothing inherent to the design stopping this rifle from being accurate, a purpose built AR can easily be made to fit all my criteria but the non-restricted part (I'd already own one if it weren't for the fact that I only have access to a ~300 yard range), so that's not the problem. Maybe with the right hand load this rifle will really start to shine. I'm starting to see some promise, and if I end up deciding to plop down my cash for a 6.5 model, you bet I'll be spending a lot of time doing load development for it.

The jury is still out for me. I appreciate all the hard work ATRS has put into the rifle and giving us guys in Canada more options, but I'll have to keep monitoring this thread and wait and see before I'll be able to decide if the MH will suit my needs or not.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quarter minute gun???

You can win most competitions with a 1/4 minute bolt rifle if you are good enough to work such a rifle. Semis in a 30 cal size are a whole different cat.