Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    I know it's an old complaint but lack of posted photos for used guns is a problem for me. The good,rare, interesting or well priced stuff often ends up selling before you can ask for photos, get them emailed,and then decide if you want to buy at that price. I don't know if they sell instore or if others are prepared to buy sight unseen online (I know I'm not). I've pretty much stopped looking at the guns for that reason.
    When we get 20+ used firearms in a day sometimes. There is really no way to A) have enough storage and keep the database updated and B) not have the guns sell before pictures are taken.

About 40% of the sales are online. And the rest is between in store and over the phone. Most of the sales are sight unseen. Hence the 30 day warranty to make sure the gun works and is in the shape discribed on the website.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries- View Post
    When we get 20+ used firearms in a day sometimes. There is really no way to A) have enough storage and keep the database updated and B) not have the guns sell before pictures are taken.

About 40% of the sales are online. And the rest is between in store and over the phone. Most of the sales are sight unseen. Hence the 30 day warranty to make sure the gun works and is in the shape discribed on the website.
    Yeah, no problem. Everyone is free to do business as they like. I was just pointing out that that model doesn't appeal to me as a potential customer.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Yeah, no problem. Everyone is free to do business as they like. I was just pointing out that that model doesn't appeal to me as a potential customer.
    Unfortunately the old saying is true that you cant make everyone happy all of the time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Unfortunately the old saying is true that you cant make everyone happy all of the time.
    Fair enough.It's just that I tend to browse a lot and then often buy on impulse if I come across something that strikes my fancy. The last two guns I bought worked that way (one used rifle, one new revolver). I'm pretty sure that without pictures ( even for new guns) I wouldn't have clicked "add to cart". I guess I really like to 'see' what I'm buying.

I also hesitate to ask for photos if I'm only sort of/maybe interested.

In any event, you seem to have a lot of satisfied customers and stuff seems to move off of your site quickly so this business plan obviously works for you.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Fair enough.It's just that I tend to browse a lot and then often buy on impulse if I come across something that strikes my fancy. The last two guns I bought worked that way (one used rifle, one new revolver). I'm pretty sure that without pictures ( even for new guns) I wouldn't have clicked "add to cart". I guess I really like to 'see' what I'm buying.

I also hesitate to ask for photos if I'm only sort of/maybe interested.

In any event, you seem to have a lot of satisfied customers and stuff seems to move off of your site quickly so this business plan obviously works for you.
    Can always be better, but the amount it would cost to ulgrade to a photo database and the increased cost in bandwidth would require an increase in prices.

Its all well and good to say the site is the worst out there, but epps does move more used firearms than most other gunshops in canada. A website for a company that brings in and sells a few used a week can take pics and post them before the firearm is sold. We have some incredibly dedicated customers to tge point we can place bets in how long it will take to sell and to who will buy it. I swear there are people that sit at work all day hitting refresh on our website.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Goto advanced search. Go to the bottom and click the "condition" tab and select everything but new.... Lists all the used firearms from newest to oldest.
    Thank-you Aries. This does help out a lot. But I still like the old way better, 'cause I hate change.

Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    Thank-you Aries. This does help out a lot. But I still like the old way better, 'cause I hate change.
    I have been meaning to send an email to the webmaster to change it from a full list of conditions to just "new" and "used" or add "used" to the list, so we dont have to click 7 times to just get used firearms, since the wrbpage is the same one we use in store when someone says "i saw so and so used firearm on your site".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12