Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: K31 Scope mount (updated with video)

Just received mine. Range report to follow.

I picked mine up this morning.
    Scope is mounted now and I hope to get out to shoot tomorrow.
    I test-ejected an empty case.................launched it out well, a ding in the case mouth and a brass-colored scuff on the mount.
    We'll see how it does tomorrow hopefully

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samsplacci71 View Post
    I'd be interested in knowing the outcome! Please post up your feedback. I like the ease of installation and zero modification made to the milsurp. My main concern is holding zero. The 7.5x55 has more punch than the 7.62NATO cartridge in my experience.
    +1, I as well want to know this.
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Zedbra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    I picked mine up this morning.
    Scope is mounted now and I hope to get out to shoot tomorrow.
    I test-ejected an empty case.................launched it out well, a ding in the case mouth and a brass-colored scuff on the mount.
    We'll see how it does tomorrow hopefully
    Looking forward to hearing your feedback. I just picked up another K31 that I was thinking of adding this scope pending shooters' reviews - which there aren't that many thus far.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tacfoley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Centre View Post
    See first post video. These are designed to work with the K31 which ejects upwards. However you need to operate the bolt smartly as the deflector requires a bit of brass velocity to do its work.
    ...and what condition is the brass in after you have 'operated the bolt smartly as the deflector requires a bit of brass velocity'?

Edit - I see that sniper above has gotten himself a nice ding in the case neck. Hmmmmmm.

I hafta say that it looks to be a very nicely thought-out piece of kit - well-made, too. I know a fine gentleman who makes custom leather cheekpieces for the K31.

tac
    Last edited by tacfoley; 10-30-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    ...and what condition is the brass in after you have 'operated the bolt smartly as the deflector requires a bit of brass velocity'?

Edit - I see that sniper above has gotten himself a nice ding in the case neck. Hmmmmmm.

I hafta say that it looks to be a very nicely thought-out piece of kit - well-made, too. I know a fine gentleman who makes custom leather cheekpieces for the K31.

tac
    The ding might have been from when it hit the cement floor. We'll see what it does tomorrow. I'm running on instinct right now. Finished nightshift this morning and haven't had a nap yet.
    I'll have to take some close-ups for you guys.
    I put a Blackhawk! cheek riser on it. black nylon, lines my eye up nicely, and under $25.00

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    I have this on one of my K31. You really have to yank it hard to get the brass out or it lands back inside. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but there is only one way to operate the bolt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tacfoley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCap View Post
    I have this on one of my K31. You really have to yank it hard to get the brass out or it lands back inside. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but there is only one way to operate the bolt.
    The OP wrote 'smartly'. That, friend, is a military term that means about the same as 'try your hardest to bull the bolt out of the action, as fast as you can, using every muscle in the upper body'.

tac

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    The OP wrote 'smartly'. That, friend, is a military term that means about the same as 'try your hardest to bull the bolt out of the action, as fast as you can, using every muscle in the upper body'.

tac
    Then I am indeed doing it 'smartly'.

I don't have the scope mount, but I've found if you just try to pull the bolt back, even if you pull with all your might, it works much better if you give it a snap with your wrist. if you take the magazine out and practice it a few times, you'll figure out a method that works good for you.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast