Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AT 15 Mags

Received some from the first batch. ATRS Had too notch customer service with fast replacement. The new ones are working flawlessly in my SIG 516.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer okcorral1881's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    I did work on lowering the lip on that one mag and it did help considerably but there are still some feeding issues with one of my rifles. I lowered the lip approx 1.6mm which was the point where I stopped seeing impact markings on the mag. The stock lip was approx 2.3mm below the top of the mag.

Seems that the mag sits lower in my Noveske receiver and just enough so that the tip of the bullet would run into the area directly below the feed ramp of the upper receiver. On an open bolt on my Noveske rifle, the problem occurs roughly 30% of the time. On a closed bolt, the problem is 80%. Seems the follower is a little slow lifting up the front part after it is pressed down from the closed bolt or changes the orientation of the mag. There is a bit of back and forth play with the mag in the magwell. If I push the bottom of the mag towards the muzzle, it would raise the front of the mag enough so that the ammo would cycle 100% of the time. Conversely, if I pull back on the mag, it is almost guaranteed to fail. This Noveske lower has worked 100% with LAR15 mags, XCR Pistol mags, AA 50Beowulf poly mags, PCV Gen1 and Gen2 mags and Magpul PMags.

The mag seats fine in my DD and Rainier lowers so that the tip of the bullet catches the feed ramp and are able to cycle on an open and closed bolt with 100% reliability.

Swapping the upper that is on the Noveske onto the DD and Rainier Arms lowers had a 100% function so that rules out the upper being out of spec. All three lowers have Norgon ambi mag release

It is possible that the Noveske lower has more play in the magwell compared to the DD and Rainier Arms and the looser fitted AT15 mag just compounds the problem placing everything out of spec for problem free feeding.

Magazine width at the mag catch notch:

AA 50 Beowulf poly mag: 2.591"
    Magpul Pmag: 2.534"
    PCV 50 Beowulf: 2.541"
    AT15 Pistol mag: 2.466"
    Great, thank you.
    OK
    CSSA.......CCFR.......NRA........NFA..........EOSC

I also tried some of the new mags today. They ran perfectly. No problems at all after 400 rounds. I'd say ATRS has the problems fixed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Anybody have pics of these mags ?
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by PitBull1973 View Post
    Anybody have pics of these mags ?
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...-mags-for-sale

CGN Regular
    Anyone able to let me know the length of these (look close to a 20 round mag body length) and if ranger plates would work?

Many thanks in advance.

Marc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okcorral1881 View Post
    Thanks bud
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markit View Post
    Anyone able to let me know the length of these (look close to a 20 round mag body length) and if ranger plates would work?

Many thanks in advance.

Marc
    Ranger plates won't work on these. First off, you can't remove the base, secondly, these aren't your standard USGI or pmag bodies.. They're about the length of a 20rnd mag. I'll measure one in the morning unless someone beats me to it.
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Markit View Post

Many thanks in advance.

Marc
    5 5/8''

Ran about 100 rounds through my Tavor and Stag the weekend with non-modified AT15 mags without any hiccups.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast