Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AT 15 Mags

I just ordered four. I'll report back on how they work in my CC SA 15.7. I don't expect any issues.

I bought a bunch. On testing the 1st and 2nd out of the box with dummy rounds, they did get stuck on the front lip or hang on the edge of the front lip. This went away with about 3 passes with a small file on the front lip, just rounding the edge of the semicircular cutout. Now feeds beautifully.

I am finding on 2 different rifles (Colt IUR wiht Omni lower as well as a CMMG upper/lower), that there is a fair bit of resistance to seating on a closed bolt. If these were 10 round metal pistol mag's, I would have just filed a tiny bit off the follower legs.

Quality looks great and they look like good mag's, maybe just some fine tuning required for my specific guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Here's the problem with one of my three mags. The tip of the ammo sits just below the top of the lip. Second pic shows where they are starting to gouge the lip of the mag. I would put a file to the lip and remove about 1/16" but I don't want to void my warranty.

Just got a bunch few days ago.

Looks like they have addressed the issue by cutting out the lip.

Last edited by cableguy; 05-16-2015 at 01:39 AM.

I took out my four and loaded them up with the AE 55 GN .223 rounds. I just kept filling and emptying the gun. CC SA 15.7 and it worked fine. No ftf or fte problems. I'll get more at some point. I like these magazines.

I got three of them looks like the fronts have been ground down slightly ran flawlessly in me NEA lower franken gun. All in all i am very happy only regret is I should of bought 2 more.
    You miss 100% of the shots you dont take

I have two of them, and they work flawlessly in my NEA. Tried them in a S&W m&p15, a Norinco CQ, and a Bushmaster ACR and they work in all of those too.
    They don't seat properly in my Norinco T97 if the bolt is open, but if i close the bolt, seat the mag, then rack it, they work. Every time I try it with the bolt open, I can't get the bolt to close on it. Think it is seating too deep, unless it's put in on a closed bolt, at which point it seats to the proper depth. I'm assuming this is an issue with the T97, rather than the mags, and since I bought the mags for my AR, I'm not bothered by it.

all three of mine worked flawlessly. Great work ATR!

any possibility of a gem 2 that has closer dimensions to a usgi mag? should fix the feed issues with the mvp at least, and anything else that has problems with lar-15 mags as well as the at-15?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234