Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Our Non restricted lower and the DA50 upper Pics added May 4 2105

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    I believe the issue ppl may have is that there are two separate transactions. I buy an upper from CanAm and a lower from ATRS. Pay my deposit on each. If one vendor says, "sorry we are returning your deposit as we are not making this part", I would still be on the hook for the other part.

If it were a joint venture, I could pay one vendor who assumes the risk of getting a fully functional rifle in my hands. ATRS and CANAM would be responsible for working out the details and coordinating production/shipments between themselves.

FF
    BINGO. this would be a "surefire" way to get people on board

I've put the $250 deposit on a lower. I've also ordered the upper from CA. I'm just hoping enough of us jump on this opportunity. Very affordable way to get into a 50.

BANNED
    That's capitalism - if it were a zero-risk, sure-fire, no-brainer, moneymaker, we wouldn't need small businesses. That's where the profit margins are.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    It seems everyone wants us to stick our necks out BIG TIME but no-one wants to stick theirs out at all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    It seems everyone wants us to stick our necks out BIG TIME but no-one wants to stick theirs out at all.
    This is unfortunately how it works today and it is not just your industry. Everyone is wanting someone else to carry the costs on big projects and only have to pay at the last possible moment.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    That's capitalism - if it were a zero-risk, sure-fire, no-brainer, moneymaker, we wouldn't need small businesses. That's where the profit margins are.

FF
    IF it were not for small shops like us, these sorts of VERY specialized niche products would not be offered at all. To risk many many thousands of dollars on very low margin products makes no business sense at all.
    Try to purchase something like we are offering at the big box stores. IF there really was any money to be made in extremely low production niche products, the big manufacturers would already be doing it on a massive scale.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    This is unfortunately how it works today and it is not just your industry. Everyone is wanting someone else to carry the costs on big projects and only have to pay at the last possible moment.
    I agree that is the common mentality, unfortunately for a small shop it is also like playing Russian Roulette with an auto loading pistol.
    The only way we can survive and still continue to offer the weird and wonderful is to be cautious on what ventures we get into. Or we cease to exist, which frankly I believe would not be helping the Canadian gun culture.
    Up until the recent down turn, we could have used our machine shop to make oil field tools, which has FAR greater profit to be made. We all prefer to make gun stuff and live a little less high on the hog.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

BANNED
    we need small operations to make this stuff available,,the BIG outfits are all US based and could care less about our idiot restricted,,non-restricted bull#### laws,,,so THEy will never do it,,why would they,,,canadian market isn't much to them,,,so even if a non restricted lower to make your 50 complete is a bit pricey at 750.00,,,consider the alternative,,THERE IS NONE,,LOL..

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678