Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our Non restricted lower and the DA50 upper Pics added May 4 2105

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    When CanadaAmmo came out with their 1600 buck 50BMG upper, I suspect people were hoping to get the complete package for around 2 grand.
    Well they still can, but it will be restricted.
    For about $2500.00 they can have a complete NON RESTRICTED 50 which is still REAL CHEAP as far as 50s go. Next people will want ammo for a 50 that costs $1.00 per round as we used to find in the USA years ago.

Wants and reality just don't always work out.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    Rick, my apologies if my comments rubbed ya the wrong way.
    Gonna check with Canada ammo on the upper availability and I'll be in touch. Pre order on the lower is a good idea
    No worries, and no offense taken.
    I am simply trying to explain why making a very few of anything in a city that is expensive to begin with costs so much more than what a 3rd world manufacturer could produce a similar product for. To get a purpose built lower made in China would be possible, but the volume would have to be there, and in this particular case as also is the case with our modern Hunters, the numbers just are not there.

I can get AR15 lowers from China as I suspect another manufacturer here in Canada is doing for a cost of $48.00 CDN per stripped lower. The kicker is the minimum order being 5000 units and the fact that you have to like cheap crap lowers of indeterminate brand and a non documented grade of some sort of aluminum material.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cigar_man View Post
    Bjesus, I wish people would stop pissin in Rick's cornflakes!

It leaves a bad taste.

Me, myself and I are gratefull at what he is offering us.
    This. The man is running a business and making himself regularly available to single online customers. Cranky internet commandos are not worth the money they "may" put into a business. Rick is interacting at this level because he cares, there isn't much of a monetary reason to put himself through this. No, I've never met or even talked to the man by phone, but I do know everything is more expensive for all of us these days.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_servo View Post
    so you are talking deposits on a nonrestricted lower ?
    Yes, deposits on a purpose built NR lower that will fit a DA50. This is NOT an AR lower, it has some appearance similarities, but can NOT be used with anything except the DA50, Ferret or Safety Harbor 50m BMG upper, with permanent modifications done to the upper.

I for one am totally willing to adhere to whatever process ATRS deems reasonable, as they are clearly trying to do everyone here a favour. Furthermore the cost of the lower seems appropriate considering the labor/cost intensive process. I am only waiting on visual confirmation of what this lower looks like before making a deposit. I'd also like to know what stock options would be available... i.e can standard ar compatible stocks be mated etc. Thanks for your time and effort Rick. It is much appreciated. Looking forward to some pictures.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    I was wondering about the need for rcmp approval as well.
    I could be misunderstanding things but why would the rcmp need to approve or inspect a receiver that meets non restricted criteria. many hobby machinists have build their own NR bolt guns with no laws broken and no rcmp inspection/approval......
    this should just be a design, machine, test, work out any bugs, test and deliver to waiting customer........ or am I wayyyyy off base here?

regardless, I'm gonna be in for the deposit idea. I've held off on the modern hunter only for sake of seeing a bunch of owner feedback ect but this I think i'll jump on right away.
    Its approved. They made it like 7 years ago for the Ferret 50cal BMG upper. Already has an FRT and everything, they just need to redo the program for it and make some more. They only have one remaining specimen and they are using it to confirm compatibility with the DA50.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_servo View Post
    do you guys have a nonrestricted lower in your hands , or is this something your building from scratch and need the rcmp to approve ?
    Alright, we have made these in the past as in 2009/2010. The SFSS/RCMP have had their chance to screw us over and deemed it NON RESTRICTED back in 2009. Just because we are no longer in possession of the programs that the CNC runs on does NOT alter the fact that the lower is already a DONE DEAL.

YES we have to re-write the programs as I stated earlier. DO I have a physical sample in stock? Not that i will sell.
    Does this require further SFSS/RCMP B.S. NO!
    Are we clear now? I thought this was already spelled out in this thread? and NO it will not make your AR15 NON restricted.

Please do not take this post personally, I have answered the same 2 or 3 questions about 100 times already today via emails and PMs,
    We are stupidly busy and frankly so much has been answered in this thread that i am at a loss as to why some guys just refuse to read my posts.
    There is NOTHING more I can say other than it will work and IF there are the numbers we will make them.

Just a few thoughts….
    - Regain your sanity - Lock this thread… Rick, your patience is amazing.
    - Create a new thread with the number of orders for this lower - updated monthly and lock it.
    - When you reach a golden number - 30, 50 75, 100 or whatever - make a run.
    - Get back to the MH production & custom work.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    No offense meant, and I agree with some of your thoughts, but you do NOT have a clue about what it takes to design, then write all the programs to make a VERY specific part that has an EXTREMELY small market, navigate the, in this case the lower, through the legal system and then get it into production.

Maybe you should try it and your tune about the cost will change DRAMATICALLY! Producing a very small number of lowers that have NO value in any other country in the world means that the very small number of people who truly desire this custom for Canada only designed item will have to pony up to cover the cost of the design, programming and manufacturing of the extremely specialize lower, or shoot a gun that is restricted.
    Only a small specialty shop such as mine would even entertain bothering to undertake such a high risk low return venture. I don't see any of the big name mass produced manufacturers jumping at the chance to make 50 or so unique lowers. There is a phrase you should look up. "Economies of scale".

Although I agree that the system for legal classification is totally screwed and that the SFSS lab is a rogue department with little or no accountability, THEY still have the power and the firearms industry is forced to dance to THEIR tune.
    Getting up on a soap box and ranting will not solve any problems, reform of the system IS required. Are you leading this reform or merely whining and wanting others to do this for you?

I for 1 spent time very recently along with 4 other high profile members of the firearms industry meeting with Minister Blaney about this.
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Your car analogy can be further extrapolated. With your logic a VERY limited production car say like a Lambo or Maserati should not cost anymore than a Kia or Hyundia? The Lambo and Maserati are a WHOLE DIFFERENT car than the Kia or Hyundia. Both might get you to work but guess what the latter 2 sell likely 10000 to 1 what the first 2 do. The first 2 are LOW production very specialized vehicles and the manufacturer puts a price on them based on what it costs to make them.
    The latter 2 are mass produced cars designed to sell to a specific market and are made on assembly lines manned by folks who get paid FAR lower wages than the Italian craftsmen who made a few Lambos or Maseratis every year.

CGN Regular
    stolen? Maybe cheaper option to just "extract" the programming from the thief?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast