Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our Non restricted lower and the DA50 upper Pics added May 4 2105

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I emailed Canada ammo about the upper , was told they built 100. if those sell out and demand continues they might/would make more.
    gonna have to make a decision here. LOL
    it's either throw down a deposit on a modern hunter...... or a deposit on this lower and grab that da50 upper while the getting is good
    what a dilemma eh? my wife is telling me to get the 50 cal ...... could she be right?

this would be easier if we could put down say 500.00 and you guys provide a completed rifle or is this not an option?

I was into ATRS Thursday to put the deposit on a lower. I saw the DA50 upper as well as their sample lower. Both look to be quality pieces and I look forward to getting my hands on mine.

Glad to hear it, congratulations on your purchase. I'll be doing the same once I have visuals on the lower.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    I'm really looking for a complete NR build ... Even though in the scheme of things, it's not THAT expensive, I see how long I've wait for other builds ... and I don't want to put out a couple grand and be holding on to a pipe dream.

ya.... I've been mulling it over all night. this is tough one LOL
    but I've decided to hold off unless ATRS can offer a complete package and I only have to make ONE purchase of a complete rifle. (with a deposit of course)

Last edited by cigar_man; 12-16-2017 at 08:47 AM.
    cigar_man (The Original)

CDN Forces (Army) 1985-90

www.garths.ca

I was at ATRS yesterday picking up my Modern Hunter (range report with pics after I get to the range). I saw the DA50 upper & prototype ATRS NR lower for it. They do look good & it would be an economical way to get into a 50BMG. With the current slow down in the oilpatch and my complete 2015 firearms budget spent on a Modern Hunter & Scope, I will have to pass on this one for now. Besides I need to start saving for a modern varmiter!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    Can we clear up one thing?

Is it possible for this NR lower to be made to work with any modified AR15 upper? In essence creating a "modern hunter" lite? Or is the plan for the NR lower to be single shot and work with the Canada Ammo 50 cal upper?

Id be definitively putting up the $250 if the "any ATRS modified upper" Non restricted lower is the plan.
    This NON restricted lower will ONLY work with 1 of 3 uppers, all of which are bolt action single shot 50 BMG uppers.
    This lower WILL NOT FIT OR FUNCTION WITH ANY SEMI AUTO AR15.

We are still in the design phases of a scale down version of our Modern Hunter, that will be called the Modern Varminter and will be available in 223, at some point. Being yet another new rifle and a dreaded semi auto the SFSS/RCMP will need to inspect and give it legal classification, which i suspect will take time given past experience.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    This NON restricted lower will ONLY work with 1 of 3 uppers, all of which are bolt action single shot 50 BMG uppers.
    This lower WILL NOT FIT OR FUNCTION WITH ANY SEMI AUTO AR15.
    There are some other bolt action conversion kits like this .50 (.338 Lapua, .416 Barrett, etc.) which anybody can purchase from USA and import to Canada with proper paperwork. They are gun parts so relatively easier to import compared to an actual firearm.

How hard would it be to modify such conversion kits so they will work with your lower? Tnx...

Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    There are some other bolt action conversion kits like this .50 (.338 Lapua, .416 Barrett, etc.) which anybody can purchase from USA and import to Canada with proper paperwork. They are gun parts so relatively easier to import compared to an actual firearm.

How hard would it be to modify such conversion kits so they will work with your lower? Tnx...
    Without actually having 1 of the lowers to see what the individual makers have done and what the materials are it is impossible to say.
    IF they are repeaters, they can not be modified to work on our lower.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

I added a CAD drawing to the 1st post for those who want to get an idea of what the lower will look like.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast