Thread: Problems with Magpul PMAG Glock 17 Magazines

Expired Business Member

Problems with Magpul PMAG Glock 17 Magazines

From Magpul

OK we screwed up.

After initial release of the Glock 17 PMag (GL9) a few days ago we started seeing random issues of failure to feed with the new magazine in other Glock models primarily the Glock 19 and 26. Of all the challenges of building a Glock magazine with single new composite, issues like drop free, impact strength and feed lip retention were foremost on our mind. The failure to feed came as a bit of a surprise to us and we immediately headed out to the range to investigate.

In short order we found the problem. Without getting into technical details, some small, but critical geometry changes did not make it into the initial production molds. We should have caught this but no failures showed up on our factory guns during live fire testing and flaws in our internal processes of checks/balances did not flag the oversight as it should.

So as I said before, we screwed up and here is what we are going to do about it.

Molds are being updated with the correct geometry as we speak and a replacement magazine body with the correct geometry should be available by May 4th 2015. These will be date coded 5/15 and later and will replace any magazine bodies in service of earlier manufacture. Just use your existing spring, follower, and floor plate with the new body.

-If you purchased your magazines direct from Magpul, Brownells or Midway, you do not need to do anything, replacement magazine bodies for the magazines (1 for 1) ordered will be shipped to you automatically.

-If your purchased your magazines from a gun store, replacements will be sent out to the store in question for you to pick up.

-If neither of the above works for you then Magpul customer service will handle the replacement directly.

In short, we are updating ALL of the affected magazines released as quick as we possibly can.

Richard Fitzpatrick
    President/CEO -Magpul Industries Corp
    We currently were expecting the new Glock PMAGs to come into Canada this month, but this will definitely push the delivery time for these till late May.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Wow...pretty decent resolution from magpul I think
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Thanx for passing along.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

I love me some magpul products! Now, I can happily say I love magpul too!
    If your only political involvement is voting, you don't actually care. Move aside and let the people be heard.

Get involved in your community!

Now *that* is customer service! Upfront, take responsibility, then do the right (only) thing! Thanks CTCS for posting in entirety

I've gotta agree, it is refreshing to see a company admit they stepped in it and quickly rectify the issue.
    A fear of weapons from 80's action movies, not logic, created the disaster that is our firearms act.