Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Website hard to navigate

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorts View Post
    The site you have now works great for newer browsers but does not "degrade gracefully" when using older browsers. The site is basically unusable in the worst case. You have to test the site all the way down to IE8.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS !
    I CANNOT use it all anymore during the day when I'm on a break at work. We have old PC's here, there is NO choice of browser, we HAVE to use an older version of MS Internet Explorer, so I have no way at all to view sales or place an order during the day time.
    Even at home I have an older PC and certain things go wonky on it.
    Not everyone is going to upgrade their PC just so they can view YOUR site. I can see every other vendor's site just fine, but not yours. Why does yours have to be so obstinately hard to cope with?

You have just kissed off sales to so many people this way, because your website designer is so stubbornly devoted to only focussing on new platforms, and obviously couldn't care less about customers,... that's paying CUSTOMERS,... who have older PC's, and have no immediate intention to upgrade their older but working PC's, OR, are handcuffed at work by older company machines.

Thanks. (not)

The menus only work intermittently on the iPhone is seems also. It sure as #### hasn't stopped me from using you site because I worship your business so far but goddamn does it ever give me a headache.
    Member of the CSSA http://cssa-cila.org
    Member of the CCFR https://firearmrights.ca
    Member of the NRA https://home.nra.org

i like their new site tbh

CGN Regular
    Site works fine for me in IE firefox and chrome, but I am using all the newest versions. Could be a little faster, you webhost could stand to beef up your hosting package.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS !
    I CANNOT use it all anymore during the day when I'm on a break at work. We have old PC's here, there is NO choice of browser, we HAVE to use an older version of MS Internet Explorer, so I have no way at all to view sales or place an order during the day time.
    Even at home I have an older PC and certain things go wonky on it.
    Not everyone is going to upgrade their PC just so they can view YOUR site. I can see every other vendor's site just fine, but not yours. Why does yours have to be so obstinately hard to cope with?

You have just kissed off sales to so many people this way, because your website designer is so stubbornly devoted to only focussing on new platforms, and obviously couldn't care less about customers,... that's paying CUSTOMERS,... who have older PC's, and have no immediate intention to upgrade their older but working PC's, OR, are handcuffed at work by older company machines.

Thanks. (not)
    New platforms? IE8 was released 6 years ago. Can't you install Firefox or Chrome are on your home PC for far greater functionality etc? I can understand the frustration when using 2009 tech in 2015 at work but with the huge move to mobile, vendors have to keep up and compromises have to be made....

After getting off my soapbox, I opened up their website in my BB10 browser and the menus do not work. They open, but don't trigger a data reload based on the selection, which is pretty catastrophic problem as it renders the website basically empty unless I resort to the search function.

So it doesn't work on IE8, and is problematic on mobile. Functionality appears 100% on a modern desktop browser, however. Can Ammo, I don't think think this meets your regular standard of performance, which is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by WetCoast View Post
    New platforms? IE8 was released 6 years ago. Can't you install Firefox or Chrome are on your home PC for far greater functionality etc? I can understand the frustration when using 2009 tech in 2015 at work but with the huge move to mobile, vendors have to keep up and compromises have to be made....

After getting off my soapbox, I opened up their website in my BB10 browser and the menus do not work. They open, but don't trigger a data reload based on the selection, which is pretty catastrophic problem as it renders the website basically empty unless I resort to the search function.

So it doesn't work on IE8, and is problematic on mobile. Functionality appears 100% on a modern desktop browser, however. Can Ammo, I don't think think this meets your regular standard of performance, which is excellent.
    At work, we have IE8, and CanAmmo site still doesn't work.
    My home PC is not the issue. I only said it worked wonky, but it works. I DO have Firefox there, but CanAmmo still acts up on it.
    I'm sick of hearing that it's all for the new mobile crowd. Not everyone has a mobile or has access to a mobile during the day when you're at a desk at work. You're on a desktop, and in my place they're old, as I already said.
    In this day and age, why does it seem like rocket science for web designers to make things that are backwards comaptible with older platforms. It's done in other facets of technology, but it seems out of reach or beyond the capabilities of some designers.
    Oh, but it's high-tech,... I forgot.

Its a shame to pay big money for a new site only to lose money.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have an iPad 3-4 1.5 years old, and cannot get past the home page, as soon as I click on something, the words/letters all flow on top of each other, I am not real computer savvy so for me, I just don't try!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    I hate change, but this site is better than the old. IMO It shows the "In Stock" items first.

Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    I hate change, but this site is better than the old. IMO It shows the "In Stock" items first.
    Call me crazy but I remember the old one doing that as well. Also you could tell at a glance if it wasn't in stock because it was greyed out.
    Member of the CSSA http://cssa-cila.org
    Member of the CCFR https://firearmrights.ca
    Member of the NRA https://home.nra.org

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast