Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: .22LR AMMO in stock now!

I guess that's why some retailers have a limit on how many Bricks a person can buy. I think it's a great idea , however many people disagree.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    I guess that's why some retailers have a limit on how many Bricks a person can buy. I think it's a great idea , however many people disagree.
    Terrible idea. We live in a free market society.
    sic semper tyrannis

BANNED
    if retailer DON'T put a limit on sales,,the rich guy with deep pockets would just walk in a buy EVERYTHING that's there,,,then go home and either stash it,,OR sell it online for an inflated price EXACTLY like what happen in the US before the limit on sales,,just look at gunbroker and look at what for example a ammo can of 1600 CCI mini mag can go for,,i've seen it go up to over $400.00,,,yet i was able to buy 5 can's last year for $110.00 canadian at that,,,so yes people hoard,,put that;s just because supply is drying up faster than it is produced,,,so if guys like myself bought by the case of 5000 before the mad rush,,we did it because we saw the writing on the wall and what was happening in the US,,i was warned by friends in the US 2 years ago to start buying up 22LR,,,and i'm glad i did,,,i'll be using cheap 22 for a long long time,,,so these crazy prices dont bother me too much,,but i will still buy the odd brick when i see it at $30.00,,or CCI whenever i see it at regular price,,so i agree that hoarding is a major problem with supply,,,those same hoarders are laughing at these new crazy prices,,but this shortage has set the tone now,,,more and more people are hoarding more and more ammo,,,look at reloading,,,that stuff has gone through the roof too,,,,i see powders i buy at $30.00 a lbs from my supplier being sold at shows for $50.00 and $60.00 a lbs,,and guess what,,people are paying it,,unless powder and 22lr start comming in regularly like before at regular times,,,hoarding will keep happening,,,,there's no more buying just a pound of powder for your needs,,,it's mutliple pounds and multiple type,,,,guys are blowing a grand everytime powder comes in,,,and within a week the supplier is dry and nothing comes in for another 4 to 6 weeks,,,not fun,,but that's what drives hoarding,,i can't wait for regular shipments to start comming in to cut down the crazyness a bit,,,until then i do what i can to keep plenty of stuff on hand,,,but i wont fill up credit cards to do it like some guys do,,,LOL...but i understand their point of vue,,,

BANNED
    yup..it should be driven by size of the stock,,,if they dont get much,,spreading it around is just good buisness and a great way to keep your customers,,,the retailers that are GOUGING right now,,people will remember..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bollox View Post
    Terrible idea. We live in a free market society.
    Which is why the seller can make any limit - or not, he wants and you can buy elsewhere if you don't like it.

While his competition is sold out from a few people buying large amounts, the seller may think having .22lr in stock will draw more people in, and they'll end up spending more money in the long run on other goods or services while buying their solo brick of .22lr

The current conditions allows this with little risk.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345