Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1626282930313233343536

Thread: Spring Cleaning Super Saving Discount Event - This Weekend Only

Can am you rock!
    Dont sweat the trolls!

BANNED
    my order was shipped promptly,,,packed well,,and got here in plenty of time,,,and CANAM's customer service guy Dan is awsome to deal with,,,

really hoping mine goes out today, I'm so impatient! Can't wait to get the new toy out to the range along with the Backpacker shotgun I picked up this morning from Corwin
    NFA & CSSA Member

CGN Regular
    I can barely hit the broad side of a barn with the backpacker. But its darn fun to shoot.

Always good deals to be had at CanAm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    My order came yesterday. Finally picked up one of those cheap 1911A1 pistols

Thanks for the spare grips, as the stock ones were broken.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting much. I tore it down and scrubbed everything with eds red, then I spent a few hours puttering away stoning the trigger bar, sear, disconnect, hammer hooks etc, to a decent level of polish. I'm a rank amateur at this so I was slow and cautious not to remove material.

Took down some of the razor sharp edges at the back of the frame, tweaked the sear spring, and had to stone a tiny amount off of the grip safety where the trigger was dragging on it at certain angles.

Cut a few coils from the mag release spring and lopped a few coils from the main spring.

Every part in this pistol is stock, save for the stocks, and it's going to stay that way.

When all is said and done I now have a crisp 4-4.5lb trigger.

I took it out tonight, not expecting much. Face it - the gun is a rattler, and there is play when I push down on the barrel hood, though not much.

After a few mags went through it I started cutting large ragged hole groups at my usual 12 yards or so. It got to the point that any larger grouping I blamed on myself.

This pistol shoots near as well as any other sub $1k 1911 I've shot, which tells me that I don't need a big money target pistol for the distances that I can shoot at.

In 100 rounds I had 2 failures to feed, which I blame on my Remington R1 mags, which cause problems in most pistols, and should be binned. No issues with other mags. I may polish the feed ramp cautiously, or just burnish it some. I shoot cast bullets. The recoil spring might get replaced sooner than later as well.

Thanks guys. I'm more than impressed with the cheapest 1911 in Canada. It does well for a nuttin-special mass produced service pistol.

I bought it because I wanted a 1911A1 with a blued finish, and it was the stupid-cheap option

I finally got my order as well last night. It too was one of the inexpensive 1911's. I don't say cheap because I think the quality is OK, defiantly beater than cheap!.
    I know, its been a few weeks since the sale so make sure to read on before blasting CanadaAmmo. Its not their fault that I just got it. In fact they were very accommodating. If you read through this thread, you will see that I didn't even have my RPAL when this sale was on. Because of this, they let me pay for it up front and then they kept it safe for me till I got my RPAL. (I know, "let me pay for it" ha ha kind of funny)

Anyways, it took a little over a month for my license to finally be approved and then CanadaAmmo was able to ship my rich in iron and fiber granola bars. Once I did get my license, I just let them know and they promptly shipped it.

As this is my first hand gun, I think the price was right for something that may get a little abused due to inexperience. I won't feel bad if I scratch it or something.

I just wanted to extend a big thanks to the staff at CanadaAmmo for accommodating me.

P.S. I have been saving up for the Canada Day sale. I hear its even better than this one