Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Zastava M85 scope base or picatinny rail?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    OOP"s was I ever wrong about centre of rail to centre of barrel. I zero/zeroed scope first. Just shooting close but no left or right scope adjustment needed. Looks like there is about 7.5 MOA in the rail .
    Loading I just put gun butt down and pushed rounds in with my thumb...
    The white box Norinco can be a little difficult to chamber and eject.
    So for gun with rail .. Two thumbs up!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Glock4ever's Avatar
    I got this rail in with my M85 and I have to say I was disappointed in the screws that came with the rail. They are a pretty soft metal screw. When I went out today to zero the rifle, the screws stripped clean (they were locktited and torqued in) after less than 30 rounds. The rail seems pretty good but the included screws are just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock4ever View Post
    I got this rail in with my M85 and I have to say I was disappointed in the screws that came with the rail. They are a pretty soft metal screw. When I went out today to zero the rifle, the screws stripped clean (they were locktited and torqued in) after less than 30 rounds. The rail seems pretty good but the included screws are just bad.
    I have been struggling with keeping this mount on my M85 as well. The included screws from MagWedge were not very long and of poor quality. After it loosened up twice with red lock tight I ended up stripping them. I got replacement 5-40 SST socket head cap screws and trimmed them to screw all the way in to the bottom of the receiver leaving only 1 thread clearance so as not to mark the bolt.

I only got about 50 rounds out of it before it came loose again. I'm beside myself!!! How the heck am I supposed to get this mount to stay on?!!?! I think I'll have to post up in the gun smithing section and see if anyone has had to overcome a similar problem.

BANNED
    get Warne steel mounts,,no more problem,,but more money,,

Where would I get them?

Edit*. I've determined that my problem probably stems from the fact that the M85s threads are likely metric M3.5X0.6 which is very close to 5-40 but not.

I found those bases on Brownells however I suspect they won't arrive with the screws. I'm going to try to source out some M3.5x0.6 screws to give it one more shot. Hopefully the 5-40 screws didn't do too much damage.
    Last edited by MuthaFunk; 11-07-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    We supplied these with 6-48 screws if I recall correctly.

They are very difficult to source in the exact length and type one wants , but given the comments on the issues with hardware I will try to find some longer ones for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post
    We supplied these with 6-48 screws if I recall correctly.

They are very difficult to source in the exact length and type one wants , but given the comments on the issues with hardware I will try to find some longer ones for you guys.
    That would be great! Please PM me if you find them.

Contact TheRifescopestore.com They ordered a set in for me in a couple of days.

According to the Weaver website the Rear are numbered 48010 or 71A, the Front 48023 0r 23
    I suggest calling to place the order. They were very inexpensive. No more than $ 20 all in including shipping.
    Very nice to deal with...

BANNED
    only thing is,,you'll just get cheap aluminum mounts,,Warne's are steel...end of problem,,

Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    only thing is,,you'll just get cheap aluminum mounts,,Warne's are steel...end of problem,,
    I personally don't see the benefit to the steel mounts. They'll likely be heavier will they not? I've never had a problem with my other aluminum weaver mounts. I've only had problems getting screws to match my Zastava M85 receiver.