Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Gunsmith!

Ask the Gunsmith!

curious about anything? Technics, Mods, Products or anything else
    Send us your questions and we will feature them in our upcoming video series! Ask the Gunsmith!
    Name:  Gunsmith TSE logo.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  88.3 KB

The Shooting Edge

How to Buy/Contact Us:
    Phone: 403-720-4867 or 1-866-720-4867
    Email: websales@theshootingedge.com
    WebStore: www.theshootingedge.com

Want to stay connected with all the latest here at The Shooting Edge? Come check us out on our pages!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheShootingEdgeInc
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/TSEyyc
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtu...WTCnEkiZHyFi-w

I an a new gun owner and wanted to trick out my Ruger 10/22. I am looking for a bull barrel 18 inches long maybe 20 inches. Would I have to change the stock?? I currently have the synthetic stock. I am looking for the Ruger BX25 magazines as well. Can I buy all that I need in Canada?? How much will all this cost me?? I want to thank you for taking the time to answer this post. I am glad gunnnutz are here for guys like me.

I have a beautiful new CZ 75 SP 01 Canadian Model (smiling cheek to cheek). I put 150 rounds through it today and it is a great gun. The kit comes with 2 additional recoil springs (11 and 13 lbs) I believe. 2 addition main springs (13 and 16 lbs) and 1 firing pin spring.

My question is which of these springs would I match with one another to reduce the trigger weight as much as I can while shooting factory loads? I assume matching the spring with one another is important for both performance and not damaging the gun. for example, not enough recoil tension and the slide "hammering" too hard (moving too fast).

I will be putting at least a few hundred more rounds through it in the next week or so to break it in before I change anything but I am trying to educate myself now and start planning for the near future.

This is the first new pistol I have ever bought so I figured about 1000 rounds for a good break in period. Any opinions on this?

Thx for any help

Cool idea guys!
    So rumor has it you can't fix stupid..but apparently you can shoot it in the nuts with a pepper ball.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Able to cut a Sks barrel to 18.6" and thread it?

Edit. As well as price / time frame?
    Last edited by ShawnC6; 04-19-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tearhead View Post
    I an a new gun owner and wanted to trick out my Ruger 10/22. I am looking for a bull barrel 18 inches long maybe 20 inches. Would I have to change the stock?? I currently have the synthetic stock. I am looking for the Ruger BX25 magazines as well. Can I buy all that I need in Canada?? How much will all this cost me?? I want to thank you for taking the time to answer this post. I am glad gunnnutz are here for guys like me.
    Just a word of advice from someone who recently went down that road, tricking out and accurizing a 10/22 is an expensive endeavor. The platform was not designed for accuracy. Sure you can learn a lot and have some fun in the process, I know I sure did, just be prepared to drop $600-$1000 if your determined to turn your Ruger into a tack driver. I learned the hard way that the money would have been better spent on a bolt action 22, a decent scope and a couple bricks of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by tearhead View Post

Can't get BX25 mags in Canada... Just the Butler Creek 25's and they are hit and miss on whether they mis-feed or not.
    Last edited by TITAN_32; 04-19-2015 at 11:24 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Chris Kyle April 8, 1974 - February 2, 2013

Mr.Gunsmith looking to get Tikka T3 heavy barrel SS threaded for a muzzle brake.
    Edit as well:Price, time frame, and shipping whole rifle or just barrel.Thanks

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    I have a DDM4A1 it comes with the flash hider pinned and welded to comply with US laws. I'd like to remove it and put a Comp on. 1. Is this possible with out damaging barrel 2. What is the time line for this process if possible and 3. aprox cost not including shipping and new comp

can you also break down the process for us thanks.
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

I've been wondering who would win in a fight between a grizzly bear and a gorilla. Can you guys help me out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast