Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Windham Weaponry Sale! 2014 Pricing Plus Big Savings!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalltar View Post
    I bought one about six months ago and put about 1500 rounds of Chinese and Romanian surplus, and had no problems so far. Had some ammo related duds, but no rust or problems with the bolt/extractor yet.
    That's good to know. What kind of accuracy are you getting? Do you know if the bolt lugs are larger/reinforced from the 223 bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    That's good to know. What kind of accuracy are you getting? Do you know if the bolt lugs are larger/reinforced from the 223 bolts?

I've been able to get about 4" groups at 100m with Romanian surplus, and that's with a 5x Optic and a grip-pod. I'm not exactly Chris Kyle, so I think it's capable of more with a better shooter and/or ammo. As far as the lugs go, they look about the same as a normal AR bolt lugs, but honestly, without a micrometer or a 5.56 bolt to compare it to, I have no idea. I'd say emailing Windham would be your best bet there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalltar View Post

I've been able to get about 4" groups at 100m with Romanian surplus, and that's with a 5x Optic and a grip-pod. I'm not exactly Chris Kyle, so I think it's capable of more with a better shooter and/or ammo. As far as the lugs go, they look about the same as a normal AR bolt lugs, but honestly, without a micrometer or a 5.56 bolt to compare it to, I have no idea. I'd say emailing Windham would be your best bet there.
    Okay, Thanks for that. I did e-mail Windham about the bolt, but they were vague and didn't really answer the question. I haven't heard reports that broken lugs have been a problem for them (unlike some other makers in the 762 caliber).

Got my Windham Weaponry Carbon Fiber in the mail today and I am really impressed with the fit and finish.
    The lock up between the upper and lower is nice and snug. No movement at all. The balance is good; and for those who might be wondering like I was, the gas block rail seems to be the same height as the rail on the receiver.
    The package came with the AR, a 10 round mag pinned at 5, a Plano style case and a generic sling. A steal for the price as far as I am concerned.
    Time will tell how the carbon composite hold up but from the reviews I have read don't foresee any issues.

Thanks again Ryan and SFRC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cndgunguy View Post
    Got my Windham Weaponry Carbon Fiber in the mail today and I am really impressed with the fit and finish.
    The lock up between the upper and lower is nice and snug. No movement at all. The balance is good; and for those who might be wondering like I was, the gas block rail seems to be the same height as the rail on the receiver.
    The package came with the AR, a 10 round mag pinned at 5, a Plano style case and a generic sling. A steal for the price as far as I am concerned.
    Time will tell how the carbon composite hold up but from the reviews I have read don't foresee any issues.

Thanks again Ryan and SFRC!!!
    Placed my order on the 24th of April and eagerly waiting for my carbon too. Can't wait to get this thing out to the range given that weather has been so awesome.

And now comes the furniture! Let the spending begin!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234