Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's your strategy at gun shows?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Go with a good idea of what you want and what you are willing to spend
    If you find what you want tell the seller what you will pay
    Then be ready to walk away because as already posted here most of the time they are well over priced
    If the seller meets your price, then ok

Some of the more reputable vendors will give you deals if they're present. Canada Ammo gave my buddy a good deal at the last HACS 2 day show in Chilliwack.

The majority of vendors are quite grumpy and have ludicrous prices. It's somewhat similar to the EE, you post a WTB for a firearm that has a current retail price of $299 and everyone who messages you asks for $375 shipped for a used one. D'oh.

I go to the larger ones just to see what's out there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    All the negative ninnies are just trying to lessen the competition of being able to find what they are looking for and then trying to brow beat the guy selling his or her goods for a less than what the asking price is.
    And if someone paid $400.00 for a plain jane SKS, shame on them not the guy selling it.
    Know what you are looking for and know your prices and offer accordingly.
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Don't go to save money :/

Go handle the firearms you interested in too see what you like then..... leave and buy online or at price match from a big box store.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hometownhero's Avatar
    Pay the fee to get it. Walk around laugh at all the prices, leave and go to local gun store buy the exact same gun brand new for at least $50 less
    '14 Carbon Spyder 30 Blackout
    '14 Pro Edge Elite White
    '15 Podium X Elite Silver ice

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Usually vendors inflate prices by 20% or more, expecting buyers to dicker... Get your haggling hat on, and make sure you know your prices before you go!l

CGN frequent flyer
    Getting back to the OP, my strategy is to arrive when it opens. Do a relatively fast first tour and identify the sellors with reasonable prices and or good looking/quality stuff. Then I plan a route to visit each one on my short list.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Find.
    Fix.
    Finish.

What kind of strategy are we talking about again?

I go with a big wad of cash and zero expectations. I also bring with me years of firearms knowledge and experience some of it earned the hard way.

I always start low. It's a lot easier to go up than down. Be prepared to walk away if the deal's not right.

I never take offense. I've worked at gun shows and know that dealer has probably dealt with more ignorant arsewipes just that morning than I have all year. Dealers will know what I'm talking about.

Don't worry if I don't buy anything.

I have fun and hope you will too.

If you enjoyed it go back. If you're one of the chronic whiners about gun shows please come here and tell everyone what a crappy time you had. That just means smaller crowds and better deals for me.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast