Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's your strategy at gun shows?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up about finding good deals at a show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outwest1213 View Post
    No such thing as a deal at a gunshow.lol Go to show and have fun then order gun online and save money.
    Funny. Two years ago I picked up an SKS-D for $250 bucks at that show. Complete with mag.

Guess I shouldn't have gone.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

I find gun shows are only good for the smalls such as holsters knifes magazines optics gear etc.. firearms always seem to be at the high end of the price point. For any chance of a bargain you have to be their when the doors open or they are gone... I find dealers troll the tables and pick up any deals before the doors open for the public. At least that's been my experience.
    I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1GLOCKAHOLIC View Post
    I find gun shows are only good for the smalls such as holsters knifes magazines optics gear etc.. firearms always seem to be at the high end of the price point. For any chance of a bargain you have to be their when the doors open or they are gone... I find dealers troll the tables and pick up any deals before the doors open for the public. At least that's been my experience.
    Yes, I only buy smalls. Never guns. I don't doubt your other sentiment either.
    Last edited by EL34/6L6; 04-22-2015 at 01:52 AM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    I've made quite a few deals at gun shows. Guns, parts, doodads. I think people move way too quickly sometimes and don't actually take the time to see what it on the table. The deals are there, and I'm never the first one through the door.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN frequent flyer
    Is it really that bad?
    Last show I snagged a cil pump 12, a win 2200, uncut lee Enfield, wingmaster, rem 572 pump 22 and a beauty auto 5 and my bill didn't cross over 1000.
    same guys gave me deals on old components for my 270 and 3006, new dies for a 32 special and good used dies for a 375. Also got to spend several hours bsing and handling firearms.
    is it really that bad guys?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    My number 1 rule is not to go to those shows.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Some CGNers want big bucks when they sell their stuff, put when they buy from others, only want to pay peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Funny. Two years ago I picked up an SKS-D for $250 bucks at that show. Complete with mag.

Guess I shouldn't have gone.
    Even the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    I go with a big wad of cash and zero expectations. I also bring with me years of firearms knowledge and experience some of it earned the hard way.

I always start low. It's a lot easier to go up than down. Be prepared to walk away if the deal's not right.

I never take offense. I've worked at gun shows and know that dealer has probably dealt with more ignorant arsewipes just that morning than I have all year. Dealers will know what I'm talking about.

Don't worry if I don't buy anything.

I have fun and hope you will too.

If you enjoyed it go back. If you're one of the chronic whiners about gun shows please come here and tell everyone what a crappy time you had. That just means smaller crowds and better deals for me.
    X2. I've been on both sides of the table - that matures your perspective.

I typically have 4-5 guys there that I say hi to and often do deals with.
    Andy

Since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post
    Go early and have the cash in your hand. Cash in hand can seal a deal, at your offered price, faster than anything else.
    It's absolutely essential you know what stuff is worth, retail, retail used and private sale used. The three are different things. Retail used is based on the wholesale price vs the "I want to dump this POS that missed that duck last Fall." of private used.
    Might be the wrong time of year for used shotguns though.
    No gun shows in Ontario on Saturdays. Sundays from 0800 to 1200 only. Rochester, N.Y.(pop. of roughly 210,358) has a bigger and longer gun show than anywhere near TO(pop. of close to 3 million with another 6 million living nearby.).
    Buying online or at price match from a big box store(who won't price match to a gun show or for used firearms.) means you get zero post sale support should you need it. You don't buying at a show either.
    Ontario gun shows run Saturday and Sundays usually 9ish to five. Do you really get a kick about misinforming people or do you believe your own drivel on every subject. You should be banned.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast