Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Hunter delays in delivery.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

Modern Hunter delays in delivery.

Guys, we are doing our damnest to get these rifles out to those who have ordered them.
    We have run into a couple or minor problems.
    Gen 3 Pmags do not work, we have the solution but the mags are coming from Israel, which means permits and shipping times.

Also for unknown and totally mystifying reasons the exports manager at Proof research let their DDTC registration lapse, which means until the Dept of State issues a 2015 certificate, Proof can NOT ship us barrels that were ordered many months ago and paid for. We expect this will only be a couple of weeks to get resolved but in the meantime we are assembling lowers and getting a LARGE number of rifles as together as possible so that once the barrels show up it is only a matter of install barrel, test fire and the rifle is done.

We have been getting many calls, or emails everyday all asking the same questions in various forms. "Is my gun ready or when will it be?"

This takes up a TON of our time which frankly is wasteful given the large task at hand, so i ask for your patience.
    The moment your rifle is ready we WILL be in contact with you. We want to get your rifle out as soon as humanly possible, partly so we have room in the vault, and partly because your money looks better in my bank than mine does.

I am hoping that most of you will see this and understand that we are doing all we can, so if we do not get back to you with an email that essentially says "we do know exactly when your rifle will be done", you now know why.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Are you guys finishing and sending out rifles to customers who have ordered SS barrels or are we all kinda stuck waiting on proof?

Quote Originally Posted by saitek11 View Post
    Are you guys finishing and sending out rifles to customers who have ordered SS barrels or are we all kinda stuck waiting on proof?
    That shouldn't be the case, i would assume in a lucrative business production would go on... yes unfortunate for those with the cf barrels but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by saitek11 View Post
    Many of the stainless barrels are Proof barrels, the NON Proof made barrels that were ordered and the rifles can be finished are being completed and delivered. The NON Proof barrels would be in any caliber other than 308, 260, or 6.5 Creedmoor.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Sorry to hear about the logistics issues Rick, and this must be painful for you as well with $$$ tied up in rifles that can't be completed. Heres hoping it all gets sorted out soon. Thanks for being up front and keeping us promptly updated
    “Okay, I reckon the hare gets ####ed”
    “What, Proper ####ed”

In another thread it was mentioned that you are waiting on non-308 CF barrels. Do you still have 308 CF barrels to build rifles or have these been exhausted?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moogles View Post
    In another thread it was mentioned that you are waiting on non-308 CF barrels. Do you still have 308 CF barrels to build rifles or have these been exhausted?
    All available barrels have been used. We're stuck waiting, fortunately it should be pretty quick.

As always, thanks Rick and Shawn for keeping us in the loop. I am sure we would like our rifles as much as you guys want our money. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Im just curious, how many orders are you guys getting for calibers other than .308?

Personally, i think the idea of the .338 is super cool, just wondering what people are going with.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo_man View Post
    Im just curious, how many orders are you guys getting for calibers other than .308?

Personally, i think the idea of the .338 is super cool, just wondering what people are going with.
    Without actually counting 80% 308, 15% 6.5 CM or 260, 5% 243 or 7mm08, 338 Federal 0%
    The problem I see is that you NEED small base dies for reloading for these, something that does not exist for 338F, 243 or 7mm08.
    Lead tipped hunting style bullets may feeding unreliable. To me the most logical choices are 308, 260 and 6.5 CM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast