Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AR500 SHOOTERS CUT ARMOR will be in stock this friday, get the DISCOUNT NOW!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by playinghooky View Post
    Thanks. That answered a few questions. Was there any rational for the failure of the line-x costing?

Looks like an adhesion issue. Other videos the lining bubbled, trapping the fragments.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by copeland View Post
    Thanks. That answered a few questions. Was there any rational for the failure of the line-x costing?

Looks like an adhesion issue. Other videos the lining bubbled, trapping the fragments.
    stupid long day for us, will reply in detail tomorrow
    that plate was very early, the reason is the a few of the plates were sanded smooth, this is not the nest for the pre treatment to the metal before the anti spall coating
    as seen in the video, you can see how smooth and shiney the plate is.
    this here shows our new plates with 57 rds of 762 nato shot in les then 2 sec by 3 ar10s at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by copeland View Post
    I don't mean to be disruptive, as I am interested.

But when you say it's heat treated to your specs, do you have any proof supporting it's legitimate ballistic ability?

I'm curious to know if you bought actual ar500 steal and coated it up here or if you are rebranding the actual product manufactured in the states or?

If I'm to trust these plates I want to insure they are designed to stop shots. What does the extra anti-spall coating insure? Why are you adding more if the "typical" ar500 plates are fine (as seen in videos)

Thanks.
    The plates are cut from custom made AR500 Steel as per requirements. Based
    on our field tests as well as lab tests done by S&J partner James Horne Eng P.
    We have all of the steel foundry test data and hardness tests for each
    sheet that is made for us.
    AR500 can come in a range of hardness and your off the shelf AR500 is not the same as what we are using, what it does work at times, the intent of AR500 was never intended to stop bullets, it was intended to be impact resistant on large surface like back-ho buckets , snow plow.
    To get AR500 steel to work well as armor it has to be harder then ar500, which ranges from 430 brinell to about 480, but not too hard or it will crack, also to be noted, how the AR500 gets to the 500 rating depends on the Foundry and the clients needs.
    Each plate is water jet cut , then edges are had ground , to remove any chance of embrittlement of the edge of the plate.
    Then are formed /curved in one pass to reduce stress.
    Plates then re heat treated and inspected , inc each plates is Lab
    hardness tested for consistency, anything that falls out side out 2% range is then taken out and shot.
    Then we sent for anti spall coating.
    Coating is. Paxcon mil spec anti spall/ frag coating , while it is made by
    a famous truck bed liner company, it is a very high grade product that is used by
    the US navy for blast mitigation on battle ships.
    We apply .250 on the front and .150 on the back face and over lap the edges.
    we have been working with US based armor companies to get the right combo of how to apply the anti spall to the steel plate, its very heart warming to get help from people that you would think are our competition , but as we are in Canada, they are more then willing to help.

we are just about to get an L4 rating on our plates, many many tests have been done, but the ballistic labs we are using for the NIJ testing is backed up.
    We re issue/test out plates any time, we change or upgrade and of the specs or MFG process .
    we will gladly post the reports on the new plates when we have them.

The good news is the s&j plates and likely the best made AR500 plates on the market.
    And the only one to offer a L4 Steel plate

These plates are intended to be offered as a low cost high quality made in Canada product, for people that don't have the funds or are not issues $1000 plate sets.
    I was shocked at how many LEO,s have ordered our plates, we are trying to fix that.
    While not as cheap as other AR500 plates in the USA, we feel, we have a higher quality product.
    Also to be noted, you can not export these types of finished goods out of the US, unless its for an agency in Canada, it is also months and months of paperwork.

Could we do it cheaper? for sure, but then we would not put our name on it, like all of our products, they are " bet your life on it quality"
    We are proud to say, we don't have a fast warranty department," like other Canadian companies" , as we see very few issue, doing it right the first time, is what we try to do.
    Fast warranty replacement will not help you when your in the moment, be in a competition ,back packing in bear country, busting bad guys or in the sandbox.

BBB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Thanks for taking the time to weed through the posts and answer my questions.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

This steel is incredible. I had no idea such thin plate could take that kind of punishment. Ill have to get some.

all of our shooters cut L3 and L4 are sold out, we have a few non shooters cut and some side plates in stock

contact Darren at one shot tactical supply info@oneshottactical.com

or chris at Impact tactical sales@impacttactical.ca

we will be running a new order of l3 and L4 plates as well as 6x6 plates

Hi. I am totally new to plates. Can you telle the differences between non shooters and shooters cut plates, and their pros and cons? Maybe also add some pictures. I also have a vest but not sure which ones will fits.

whats the difference between level 3 and 4?
    how long you can store them for emergency events?

Thanks
    Last edited by bacardi; 04-25-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Hi. I am totally new to plates. Can you telle the differences between non shooters and shooters cut plates, and their pros and cons? Maybe also add some pictures. I also have a vest but not sure which ones will fits.

whats the difference between level 3 and 4?
    how long you can store them for emergency events?

Thanks
    Yes pics are a bit lacking. Will get that fixed

L3 will stop muti hit 223 and 308. X39. Etc
    L4 will stop 3006. X54 bigger hunting rounds like 300 win mag etc.

They should last forever.
    Even if you treat then. Rough

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    Yes pics are a bit lacking. Will get that fixed

L3 will stop muti hit 223 and 308. X39. Etc
    L4 will stop 3006. X54 bigger hunting rounds like 300 win mag etc.

They should last forever.
    Even if you treat then. Rough
    Whats the difference between shooters and non shooters cut?

CGN frequent flyer
    shooter : top is almost triangle....
    Non shooter : totally square
    Last edited by Duff350; 04-25-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast