Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Target Sports Canada Membership

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    How did it go?
    No word back yet. It was busy everytime I called the cfo office. I left a message which is supposed to be returned but nothing yet. I'll call ahoursain today if I don't hear anything in the next few hours

Quote Originally Posted by bojackson View Post
    No word back yet. It was busy everytime I called the cfo office. I left a message which is supposed to be returned but nothing yet. I'll call ahoursain today if I don't hear anything in the next few hours

Just got off the phone with the CFO. She has not received my application from The Grange. I passed my probation over a month ago. She said she only has 2 applications from Grange at the moment so if you're waiting on yours still too then it's likely you are still 3-4 weeks away from getting yours as this is the current wait due to backlogs on the CFO end. This ruined my day big time! This is not a Target Sports problem but a Grange problem.

Target has been excellent at every step and I'm grateful they have made me feel welcome and comfortable as a new shooter. JR if you are reading this then big shout out to your employees Mike, Paul, Morgan, and Annie. They were awesome. Grange on the other hand is another story. Having said that; can't wait to go shoot!! lol

This may be a silly question but are TSC and Grange 2 different ranges/businesses? Meaning, whrn i went in and applied for membership.. Could i have chose a TSC membership or a Grange membership?
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 05-13-2015 at 10:48 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    This may be a silly question but are TSC and Grange 2 different ranges/businesses? Meaning, whrn i went in and applied for membership.. Could i have chose a TSC membership or a Grange membership?
    Target Sports Canada owns the range. The Grange is the club that operates out of it. when you get a membership it is with The Grange. TSC does not offer membership.

Thanks for clearing that up!

TSC charged my cc!
    The application process is chugging along. Slowly, but surely.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecris83 View Post
    TSC charged my cc!
    The application process is chugging along. Slowly, but surely.
    The issue in Ontario is that the Ont CFO's office is rabid about the arms length non-profit club issue. In Alberta, I own the facility and "control" the club, but in Ontario, I have to let the club do it's thing. Unfortunately, my concerns sometimes fall on deaf ears at the Grange.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

When I contact the membership officer (B.J.) he usually responds within a few days, by email. Much as I would like things to move quicker, you have to remember that the Grange is run by uncompensated volunteers. He's usually in the office on 3 days of the week. Things get done as and when they can get to them. That said, they have been having some kind of database/computer issues with the equipment that does the membership cards and key fobs. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    The issue in Ontario is that the Ont CFO's office is rabid about the arms length non-profit club issue. In Alberta, I own the facility and "control" the club, but in Ontario, I have to let the club do it's thing. Unfortunately, my concerns sometimes fall on deaf ears at the Grange.

JR
    Then I guess I'll have to move to Alberta! lol
    No worries, us new members/applicants will be patiently waiting.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nugunner View Post
    When I contact the membership officer (B.J.) ... you have to remember that the Grange is run by uncompensated volunteers. He's usually in the office on 3 days of the week. Things get done as and when they can get to them. That said, they have been having some kind of database/computer issues with the equipment that does the membership cards and key fobs. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
    Not exactly true: The Membership coordinator is compensated by the Grange and the FOBs are issued by us and there are NO issues that I know of. If you run into any major stumbling blocks, please contact myself and I will try to assist. The president; Dr. Hawke is a seriously stand-up guy and only wants the best for his fellow members. However, as I stated, I am not in charge of the Grange and have little influence on its operations.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans