Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Target Sports Canada Membership

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post
    If I remember correctly, you can use their range guns, but you have to buy the ammo from them. You can't use your own ammo in their guns. I don't know if they will charge for the gun rental, but you can always call and find out.
    I was in last week, while still waiting for my fob and card. They sell the ammo at a slight premium for the range guns, but don't charge for the guns themselves. Something has to pay for maintenance and replacements. I paid $104.95 for 250 rounds of 9mm Remington 115gr FMJ.

My last email from B.J. is that they're having some technical problems with the system that creates the membership ID badges, which should be cleared up soon and that they're making some key fobs "soon". Wait time on the ATT seems to be 5-6 weeks now. This is from the CFO side, not the Grange.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post
    If I remember correctly, you can use their range guns, but you have to buy the ammo from them. You can't use your own ammo in their guns. I don't know if they will charge for the gun rental, but you can always call and find out.
    I was in last week, while still waiting for my fob and card. They sell the ammo at a slight premium for the range guns, but don't charge for the guns themselves. Something has to pay for maintenance and replacements. I paid $104.95 for 250 rounds of 9mm Remington 115gr FMJ. That's cheaper than at Le Baron.

My last email from B.J. is that they're having some technical problems with the system that creates the membership ID badges, which should be cleared up soon and that they're making some key fobs "soon". Wait time on the ATT seems to be 5-6 weeks now. This is from the CFO side, not the Grange.

How long ago did you pass your probation shoots? I've been waiting 4 weeks now for the ATT to come in. This whole experience with target/grange has been a great one so far but a lesson in exercising patience! lol. Too bad the membership didn't start after the ATT arrived or at least if the option was made available to start it after the ATT arrived. Using the range guns is awesome but it's getting pricey and I feel like I'm paying for lost time. Especially with my cheap to shoot buckmark waiting patiently in the safe at home. I also heard from the staff that the membership card and key fobs are way behind schedule due to a mechanical problem with the card creator. That's no big deal though.

Quote Originally Posted by booch View Post
    like where?
    tried to find a Club in Ontario that is taking new members lately?
    You mean like Galt, Silverdale, Bridgeport, Maple Leaf Marksmen, Pinecrest, East Elgin, Crumlin, Waterford, Hamillton Gun Club, Brantford Rod and Gun (not to mention the indoor ones like Urban Tactical, Wentworth Sports Shooting Club, Triggers and Bows)... just off the top of my head...I'm sure there is tons more...this is just southwestern Ontario

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bojackson View Post
    How long ago did you pass your probation shoots? I've been waiting 4 weeks now for the ATT to come in. This whole experience with target/grange has been a great one so far but a lesson in exercising patience! lol. Too bad the membership didn't start after the ATT arrived or at least if the option was made available to start it after the ATT arrived. Using the range guns is awesome but it's getting pricey and I feel like I'm paying for lost time. Especially with my cheap to shoot buckmark waiting patiently in the safe at home. I also heard from the staff that the membership card and key fobs are way behind schedule due to a mechanical problem with the card creator. That's no big deal though.
    have you tried calling the CFO to get a status update on your LTATT? i did that and my ATT was ready a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by thechineseguy View Post
    have you tried calling the CFO to get a status update on your LTATT? i did that and my ATT was ready a few days later.
    Thanks for the tip. I have not tried calling yet. This is the first time I've gone through the process for an LTATT. I wasn't really sure how long is too long to be waiting. The wait time obviously varies due to different factors but was wondering if anyone else at Grange has recently got their LTATT and how long it took them? I'll call the CFO today and see what they say

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I cancelled my membership and will never renew there again.

I wrote a long post but decided to delete it. It's not worth it on here.

Suffice to say I've had too many terrible experiences with staff that have little knowledge of firearm laws (specifically ATT and LTATT conditions), staff that "enforce" rules on guests that are made up on the spot, a lack of cleanliness and timely maintenance on the ranges, lack of safety by walk in non license holders, and just a complete lack of any semblance of customer service from the Membership Director and Manager of the store itself. I attempted to address my issues with emails to both the Membership Director and the Store Manager and received no response to emails or phone calls and messages left with both.

For $600/year I expect more than what I received in the way of a clean facility and customer service from staff. I will never go there again, nor will I recommend anyone go there.
    Last edited by Punisher-One; 05-12-2015 at 03:25 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher-One View Post
    I cancelled my membership and will never renew there again.

I wrote a long post but decided to delete it. It's not worth it on here.

Suffice to say I've had too many terrible experiences with staff that have little knowledge of firearm laws (specifically ATT and LTATT conditions), staff that "enforce" rules on guests that are made up on the spot, a lack of cleanliness and timely maintenance on the ranges, lack of safety by walk in non license holders, and just a complete lack of any semblance of customer service from the Membership Director and Manager of the store itself. I attempted to address my issues with emails to both the Membership Director and the Store Manager and received no response to emails or phone calls and messages left with both.

For $600/year I expect more than what I received in the way of a clean facility and customer service from staff. I will never go there again, nor will I recommend anyone go there.
    im one of the people that loves it there. i find the staff to be friendly. they treat me great and i love chatting with them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by thechineseguy View Post
    im one of the people that loves it there. i find the staff to be friendly. they treat me great and i love chatting with them.
    That's good. It's not for everyone.
    After the last three times going there and dealing with complete and utter horrible staff I gave up on it. Like I said for $600/year I expect more than what I was getting out of the membership.

Quote Originally Posted by bojackson View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I have not tried calling yet. This is the first time I've gone through the process for an LTATT. I wasn't really sure how long is too long to be waiting. The wait time obviously varies due to different factors but was wondering if anyone else at Grange has recently got their LTATT and how long it took them? I'll call the CFO today and see what they say
    How did it go?