Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pietta Python?

Sept 2015 is good with me ( birthday present to self here we come)

Just because it 'looks' like a Python, don't expect a Python inside the gun. Python's whether blue, nickel or stainless feature the finest quality exterior of any gun. And the trigger feel is the smoothest you will ever find. That kind of quality ain't going to be reproduced by anyone today for under $6K or so...(pick a number if you don't like that one). I think its nice poeple want this but be honest with your expectations. Kind of like comparing a Norinco 1911 to a Porrett custom.
    UT INCEPIT FIDELIS SIC PERMANET / Loyal She Began, Loyal She Remains

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Pietta has a good reputation for making Colt single-action clones.

There's no reason why they can't do just as well with clones of Colt double-actions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    I believe Marstar gets their Pietta guns shipped straight from Italy to Canada.
    They seem to have a good supply of Pietta cowboy guns, so hopefully they can get these Pythons through the same channels.

The Euro is actually down to our Loonie right now, compared to last year. So prices might be reasonable.
    I hope you're right. I had forgotten about Marstar and their Petta dealer status. Tradeex has a crapload of Piettas right now and they are usually pretty good with their pricing. This time it seems they are a bit higher than Marstar but Tradeex has one important factor on their side......they have them IN STOCK! No point having a better price than the other guy if you don't have the product! So you may be right. Marstar might be able to order them direct. Let's call John (and wake the bear!)
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

After having a pietta SS, I'm confident they could get the bluing done nicely.
    I enjoy firearms and firearm accessories.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by handofzeus View Post
    I hope you're right. I had forgotten about Marstar and their Petta dealer status. Tradeex has a crapload of Piettas right now and they are usually pretty good with their pricing. This time it seems they are a bit higher than Marstar but Tradeex has one important factor on their side......they have them IN STOCK! No point having a better price than the other guy if you don't have the product! So you may be right. Marstar might be able to order them direct. Let's call John (and wake the bear!)
    Read earlier in the thread (post 5)....John already said that they are on order.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    Quick search turned up Colt Python in stock (if you have your Prohibited License)
    Maybe with a 4" barrel, but that one's too snubbie.

Pietta does seem to have a very nice fit, finish, and bluing on the BP revolvers I've handled.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Read earlier in the thread (post 5)....John already said that they are on order.
    Missed that post. Thanks. The saving begins.
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I'm in whether shiney or not.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maxman1's Avatar
    Is Pietta only making Python copies or are they also making Anacondas and Troopers?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast