Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pietta Python?

Tagged for want!

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Wholly Mary, mother of Gawd...the Italians are making a Python repop!? Count me in, in, in, all the fricken way in!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Im sure these will be "OK" but i have to admit... i recently picked a colt python and all i can say is wow! Its the smoothest action by far i have ever had the pleasure of using. Much nicer than i expected. I hope that these will come close.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    Im sure these will be "OK" but i have to admit... i recently picked a colt python and all i can say is wow! Its the smoothest action by far i have ever had the pleasure of using. Much nicer than i expected. I hope that these will come close.
    don't hold your breath!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    I also recently purchased a near mint Python, and now I understand why they are viewed as «The best double action revolver ever made». Compared to the gunsmith tuned GP100 I just sold, the action is so much smoother and the trigger is to die for, and there is nothing more beautiful than the Colt Royal blue!
    I doubt this kind of quality and craftsmanship could be replicated at a low cost since every parts were hand fitted by Colt master fitter just like a luxury watch, but with the modern CNC machines, it could bring the tolerances pretty close without too much fitting, resulting in a very good revolver, but it will never be a Python, that's for sure!

One interesting thing I read about the Pietta is that many internal parts could be interchangeable with the Python. This is a very good news for Python owner since most of the python parts are no longer available, so if replacement parts from Pietta are available, it could mean the difference between a 1500-2000+$ paper weight and a happy shooting Python!

I only hope the Pietta arrival won't have much effect on the Python's value.

"I only hope the Pietta arrival won't have much effect on the Python's value"

Will likely push it higher, from that picture above the Pietta doesn't look quite right, can't find the right words to express, it looks "similar" but it's certainly lacking "something".

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn1 View Post
    "I only hope the Pietta arrival won't have much effect on the Python's value"

Will likely push it higher, from that picture above the Pietta doesn't look quite right, can't find the right words to express, it looks "similar" but it's certainly lacking "something".
    Yes, and there is something about holding a piece of firearm history (and shooting it) than can never be replaced by a replica!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Pietta, the Norinco of Pythons!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Most complain about Norincos, but they have come along way.

Who's to say Pietta won't do the same.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Most complain about Norincos, but they have come along way.

Who's to say Pietta won't do the same.
    Just kidding about Norinco, it's my pistol of choice when it comes to a 1911. Yes, they've come along way.
    I have two BP Piettas which have an excellent fit and finish. They will make a Python proud!