Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 7989919293949596979899100101 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x51 Nato

I haven't actually shot yet, but I tried running a few out of the magazine and the odd one did get caught. Nothing a little poke couldn't fix though, so I'm not worried.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Okay, new report. This ammo absolutely loved my M1a. Or the other way around. I put my Elcan on the M1a (4X) just so I could see the targets, and ended up (after very basic sighting) with each group being "Minute of K-cup".
    So, bad news. I'm keeping the ammo. Very little recoil too! Seems too good to be true after yesterday's mess. Thanks JP CARAMEL for your advice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Myself think i will shoot a lot more both my NM M1A's, accordingly with Orthoboy, i did noticed that almost no recoil was felt, this ammo seem to be a match made in heaven for the M14... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    100% agreed. Will try it next weekend on the other M14 in the Troy SASS chassis.

Just so people know. I just checked my 1979 boxer primed ammo that I got 15 years ago from Districorp. Bullet jacket is bimetal just like all this lot. Magnet sticks to it.......
    PGW fan

I tried mine today with my M1A Scout. Great stuff!! Sorry, I don't have target pics since I only shot steel. But it is very clean and accurate to 100m. (I couldn't go out further because my range only had 100m open today.) No fail to fire or feed issues. I did notice that the ejector on my M1A did leave a mark on the side of the base of the cartridge. I even let a fellow try it in his Savage bolt gun. No failures there either.

I was only using the iron sights on the Springfield. Clanging all sizes (6", 8", 12", and silloette) of gongs at 100m was easy with this stuff. All in all, really nice stuff. And I let a father and his son try out the M1A which they both got a real kick out of.

If you haven't got yours, you should!
    Last edited by 6MT; 06-07-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Does anyone have a crate of boxer prime, who could take a picture of the top crate cover?

My NM M1a seemed to really love this stuff. I was only shooting off of a shaky table in a gravel pit with a front bag but I was impressed. Seemed to shoot1-1.5" groups with the couple of magazines I tried. I'm gonna get out to the range here soon and run a bunch through and see. I'm expecting great things though from what I have seen and others are posting!!

Got my two cases for a Halifax buy this week. Picked it up at UPS and rolled my eyes when the lady behind the counter commented "I love the boxes but I hate what's inside them". I quietly explained that the two cases represented less explosive power and significantly less explosive risk than the propane tank under her BBQ on her back deck. She was surprised and seemed to just take that fact in.

Anyway, dropped off a half case to a shooting buddy and we pulled a bullet. Confirmed is is Berdan primed so I guess I'll have to collect the brass for scrap and to clean up the range.

Now I'm just awaiting my adjustable gas plug from the US to arrive and I'll get my M305 to the range for some plinking this summer. That and I have to deliver the second case to another Halifax shooter and AMA member to get some cash back from him to help pay down the VISA bill.

If only we could burn out the GD ticks infesting every forested area and our outdoor range, it would be ideal.
    Fusilier
    Webmaster for:
    IPSC NS - www.ipscns.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Master-G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    Picked it up at UPS and rolled my eyes when the lady behind the counter commented "I love the boxes but I hate what's inside them".
    It was none of her damn business what was in the box, let alone comment on it. If it were me I'd contact UPS and tell them. Their workers cannot be insulting their customers for whatever they chose to purchase--especially items that are completed legal.