Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 80909293949596979899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1001

Thread: 7.62x51 Nato

Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    Now I'm just awaiting my adjustable gas plug from the US to arrive and I'll get my M305 to the range for some plinking this summer.
    Why not shoot it with your regular gas plug?
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    x2 Why the adjustable gas plug?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    You dont need an adjustable plug... JP.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-G View Post
    It was none of her damn business what was in the box, let alone comment on it. If it were me I'd contact UPS and tell them. Their workers cannot be insulting their customers for whatever they chose to purchase--especially items that are completed legal.
    Quite right. UPS seems to have a bunch of nosy, opinionated people working for them, who are nothing more than glorified store clerks, like at the UPS Store near me in T.O.
    This one UPS store in particular in my area I will never use again. I never had that problem with stupid invasive questions from CanPar, just in my experience.
    NOW, when I order ammo, I look to see if the seller uses CanPar, as they seem to have a bit more tact and professional discretion when dealing with people's parcels, at least with their two different depots I've dealt with. I've used Loomis before too, and they were also fine.
    Sorry, don't want to push this thread off on another track, but at least it's slightly related to the main issue here, the ammo.

Luckily my Marstar Hirtenberger ammo group buy came to me trouble-free from Ian who dealt with a different courier. ;-D

Considering my schedule over the next month and a half (2 x eye surgeries, 2 x kids' graduations, and other stuff), I'm expecting the adjustable plug to arrive before the stars align and I even get the chance to shoot this in my M305. Remember half the fun of a firearm is to spend on toys. If I get to the range before I get the gas plug, I won't be hesitating to go shoot.
    Fusilier
    Webmaster for:
    IPSC NS - www.ipscns.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    I got my half-case from Fusilier last night, we pulled the bullet (note, there was NO neck sealant on it, so this ammo is not as 'waterproof' as I would have expected for milsurp ammo)

The powder was a fine round grain, (looked a bit like BLC-2) and we confirmed that it's definitely Berdan primed.

I'm pleased with it, and it loads well into links for my 1919A4. Wish I had the coin to get more. Alas.

NS
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

looking to organize a group buy for peterbrough ontario pm me if interested ive got 4 people lined up currently

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    Tried it yesterday in my 1919A4. 40 rounds, not a hitch. Yes, it's hard to ONLY fire 40 rounds with a belt-fed.

Accuracy? The splash was all in the butts, roughly where we aimed it. :-)

NS
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by walleyed99 View Post
    My NM M1a seemed to really love this stuff. I was only shooting off of a shaky table in a gravel pit with a front bag but I was impressed. Seemed to shoot1-1.5" groups with the couple of magazines I tried. I'm gonna get out to the range here soon and run a bunch through and see. I'm expecting great things though from what I have seen and others are posting!!
    I had such a great day with my SA M1A Super Match. The ammo fired fine and stayed within minute of Mulcair's weenis.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Marstar 22in. Norinco M-14, 3x9x40 Bushnell 3200 scope, B- Square mount..
    318 yds. Useing a dirty gun then fireing 20 staight rds. with mag changes . No cool down...
    10 rds in a 4.25 in. circle
    With 15 of the rds in a 8.5 in. circle
    The remaining 5 rds. were outside the 8.5 in. circle
    I didn't keep track of which rounds went where . But I'm assuming as the gun heated up the shots started to spread.....
    1975 must be a good year.......