Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.62x51 Nato

CGN Ultra frequent flyer notsorichguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaTFiNk306 View Post
    Anyone doing a Regina group buy?
    PM in-bound
    AKA: M14medic.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Left is Boxer Hirt, right is Berdan. '79 and on should be Boxer and look like the right one but have 2 stars on either side if the case head. I'm surprised the wood crates are not marked with an indication of priming.

Their should be a year stamped on the crate no? If '79 and onward os boxxer then that could be a way to dictate what is inside. I can see a lot of people who don't reload would not care if its boxxer or berden, while us re loaders would prefer boxxer.

I would pay an extra 25 bucks or so for a "hand Select" crate if I know it would be boxxer for sure.
    I'm no Superman, but don't worry, it's a common mistake.

CGN frequent flyer

Thumbs up Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    hey John, not trying to discredit the ammo, just sharing my experience shooting 7.62nato Hirtenberger in my m14 rifles. I'm sure you are aware..... I've sent a crap load of ammo down range in more m14 type rifles than the average m14 owner.
    I had at one time 3000 rounds of it and was cautioned by the guy I bought it from to watch that I don't bend an oprod.
    and it did in fact cycle the action in my m14 type rifles very hard so I saved it for my other rifles.
    I don't need to "test" ammo any other way than how it performs in my rifles.

anyhow, hirtenberger was always regarded as quality 7.62 nato ammo
    my comments, among the 100's of others out there, shouldn't be taken as me trying to persuade folks not to buy or use it.
    when we can get 1000 round crates for less than .50 a round...... I'll think about restocking...... but for now, I'm good with the stash I have.
    Knowledge is power. Thanks alot.
    big bear

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Please bring more if this stuff in, John, if you can. I will definitely take at least one case and I'm pretty disappointed I couldn't grab one out of this shipment.
    Please see post one... it's not sold out
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    I like your thinking. Would renting a U haul and driving it back full to B.C. end up cheaper than the 10 case rate ? Thinking out loud. Not enough info to try to figure it out.

I am in for a case or two depending on price LMD of BC.
    Marstar is Ontario, Doubtful if it would be cheaper and I would not need to rent anything. Only way that would work out to someones advantage is if we knew someone who went back and forth there for work and had room on their own truck for some personal goods.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1 View Post
    Their should be a year stamped on the crate no? If '79 and onward os boxxer then that could be a way to dictate what is inside. I can see a lot of people who don't reload would not care if its boxxer or berden, while us re loaders would prefer boxxer.

I would pay an extra 25 bucks or so for a "hand Select" crate if I know it would be boxxer for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    We have our first shipment of prime quality 7.62 Nato FMJ on the way in.... Due if 2-3 weeks.

1980s European manafacture.... Non Corrosive....HP

Please do not call, we will post it very soon on our site.... With pictures and pricing.

We have not seen this quality of surplus in 25 years.
    At prices that one can afford to shoot....

John
    No doubt , $25 for 700plus once fired cases is not bad.

The ammo must be priced right at the wholesale level for the buyer to not care how much is boxer and how much is berdan.
    Strange that the ammo is mixed but made in the 80's?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz View Post
    Not to stray off topic of the "Hurtin' Burger" ammo.... are you using the Tula in a M305? Any problems? I want to try some. So far only been using the Norinco steel cased copper washed stuff, been working great.
    not in m305, no.
    works great in my ar.
    Get some!!! ^^

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    No doubt , $25 for 700plus once fired cases is not bad.

The ammo must be priced right at the wholesale level for the buyer to not care how much is boxer and how much is berdan.
    Strange that the ammo is mixed but made in the 80's?
    Why is this strange, most of the world still uses Berdan priming ??
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Strange because someone else suggested no Berdan after 1979 and you have stated it's 80's production.
    You'd know John, but is it typical in your many years of buying surplus ammo to have mixed lots like this and no way of telling what you are getting?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Strange because someone else suggested no Berdan after 1979 and you have stated it's 80's production.
    You'd know John, but is it typical in your many years of buying surplus ammo to have mixed lots like this and no way of telling what you are getting?
    Many of the major manufacturers in the world use Berdan primers in militray ammo....
    Please take a moment to look at the pictures, they show the dates
    I'm sorry to contradict BUT we always know what we are getting, we purchased this ammo months ago, inspected months ago,
    John