Thread: Buying restricted

CGN Regular

Buying restricted

If i were to visit and decided to purchase a restricted in store, would you be able to get the STATT while i'm there or would i have to place a web order and wait for an email?
    I only ask because i have a few handguns on my shopping list but i'd like to get my hands on them to see how they feel before committing.
    Science. It's like magic, but with electricity!
    "....capable of firing 1200 rounds per minute" What's more impressive, is that the people he was selling to must have been capable of doing 240 mag changes per minute!! - kodiakjack

The att would not be the problem, however the transfer will take the time. I've heard of same day registration transfer but usually is a few days up to a week. So even if you did buy it that day the transfer would not be done anyways so you would have to go back later to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sclifford View Post
    The att would not be the problem, however the transfer will take the time. I've heard of same day registration transfer but usually is a few days up to a week. So even if you did buy it that day the transfer would not be done anyways so you would have to go back later to pick it up.
    What he said. I've had the transfer in as little as 2 days or as long as 5

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    You mostly have to wait. However, I've heard of first hand stories from my LGS where a buyer from Nanaimo bought a gun in the Fraser Valley and the store told the CFO about the situation. The transfer and ATT were completed and issued in less than an hour. The caveat was it cannot be your first gun purchase, at least that's what I was told!
    Also, some local gunshows have the CFO on site and transfers on restricteds are completed the same day.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

I bought a Ruger pistol about 2 months ago. Went into the store and made the purchase around noon one day, and got a call the next morning from the gun store telling me that the transfer went through and it was ready for pickup.

CGN Regular
    Sometimes in Winnipeg if you buy the firearm during business hours it could all be done by the end of the business day. But that might have changed since I bought my last restricted.