Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question about Grizzly mags.

FWIW I had many problems with my grizzly mag feeding properly when I first got it, I thought It was junk, even emailed CanAm a video of it. Afterwards I gave it a really good cleaning followed by about 100 more rounds to break it in - its flawless now.
    Help stop the Trudeau Dictatorship. www.Pierre4PM.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha125 View Post
    While I agree that the metal mags do not feed reliably, out of the box, a search on the forum will result in a very quick, simple fix. Ten minutes, mostly consumed in dis-assembly and assembly, and my grizz was feeding just fine. I just posted an explanation of it here
    Thanks!! I'll try that when I get home.

Duplicate post
    Last edited by Buddha125; 04-24-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    Can anyone explain to me exactly how the rounds jam?

Do they nose dive? How are they oriented?

this will help me determine the best solution.
    They front edge of the shell catches on the bottom edge of the chamber. If you seat the mag (aftermarket, the DA poly mags have a different angle on the follower and feed reliably for me) well the shells feed but if the mag is pulled rearward at all then the first round is, 9 times out of ten, a fail-to-feed. As there is some play in the mag, it isn't uncommon that the mag isn't perfectly seated, especially after a quick mag change.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorLazlo View Post
    Thanks!! I'll try that when I get home.
    I would be interested in hearing how it works out for you. I went a little at a time and used some fired shells (with the crimp portion cut off) to test the cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha125 View Post
    I would be interested in hearing how it works out for you. I went a little at a time and used some fired shells (with the crimp portion cut off) to test the cycling.
    I'll let you know by updating this thread. I'm out of town right now, but I'll be home soon. Thanks again.

Ok. So if I understand this correctly, the aftermarket mags do not seat high enough in the magwell. This is causing the bottom lip of the shell to catch on the chamber.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    Ok. So if I understand this correctly, the aftermarket mags do not seat high enough in the magwell. This is causing the bottom lip of the shell to catch on the chamber.
    That may be a solution, though seating them higher may cause other complications. I can tell you that the angle on the followers between the aftermarket and DA polly are different (higher angle on the DA poly) and that this leads to reliable feeding. The "bump" mod for the followers accomplishes the same thing and also fixes feed issues.

This is a picture of the DA Poly (in the back) and the aftermarket with the "bump". Both are being held firmly down on a flat surface and you can clearly see the difference in the angle of the follower.

I helped!! Do I get a prize??

I just want to be sure which ones are the poly mags for when I buy more.
    BrotherRockeye - "It's not supposed to make sense, it's the FA."
    Varsil - "You may not be interested in politics, but the instant you're a gun owner politics is interested in you."

CGN Regular
    I had my grizzly out at the range yesterday, I have two mags for it. The stock mag was metal, and the aftermarket was also metal of a near-identical design. This was the first time I was going to use the aftermarket mag, so I did a home test that morning and attempted chambering from full capacity. The first round was getting hung up on the semi-circular feed cut out on the new mag, and the follower was orienting the shells on a lower angle (as seen in an earlier pic comparing the two). I brought out a file and worked on that semi-circular cut out for about 10 minutes, making sure I kept everything rounded and free of burrs. After that 10 minutes, I wiped the shavings and reassembled the magazine. It fed that first round perfectly! Much better than sending it back and waiting. My action is getting nice and broken in now, my grizz is unstoppable and going bang every time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12