Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about Grizzly mags.

A question about Grizzly mags.

So, I recieved my order today. 12.5" Grizzly mag fed, and 2 extra aftermarket mags. In the box, there was one plastic mag, fully wrapped, which I assume was the factory mag.
    Then there was 2 metal mags, in plastic sleeves, which I assume are the aftermarket?
    Is that the difference between factory and aftermarket, plastic vs metal?
    BrotherRockeye - "It's not supposed to make sense, it's the FA."
    Varsil - "You may not be interested in politics, but the instant you're a gun owner politics is interested in you."

CGN Regular
    Plastic ones are better quality. The metal aftermarket ones I have required some work to fix.

Mine came with a metal mag, which differs only subtly from the aftermarket one I received at the same time. In any case, neither work. The Grizzly fed fine for the first 30 or 40 rounds, but since then, it's almost impossible to get it to successfully chamber a shell. Jams every time. I'll bring it to my gunsmith, but I'm not in a hurry. When I discussed it with him, he said they're notorious for that.

That was my first Dominion Arms product. The next (and last) was a case of "non-corrosive" 7.62x39 ammo. I did a nail test, which was coated in rust after 45 minutes. Hopelessly corrosive. Dominion Arms is synonymous with poison.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorLazlo View Post
    Dominion Arms is synonymous with poison.
    And yet, there are several folks that are happy with our Dominion Arms purchases.
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Anyad Pitchaya View Post
    And yet, there are several folks that are happy with our Dominion Arms purchases.
    I'm glad to hear it, but "fool me twice..." is a sentiment most of us can sympathize with. I do hope that my Grizzly can eventually be made to work, as the concept is terrific. A mag-fed Rem 870 clone? I couldn't resist.

Jam city

Agree totally. Mine won't feed reliably with either the factory mags OR the aftermarket mags. Usually jams feeding the first round...and often the last as well. Not something I'd like to trust my life to in an emergency.

I'm glad to hear it, but "fool me twice..." is a sentiment most of us can sympathize with. I do hope that my Grizzly can eventually be made to work, as the concept is terrific. A mag-fed Rem 870 clone? I couldn't resist.

Mine came with a metal mag, which differs only subtly from the aftermarket one I received at the same time. In any case, neither work. The Grizzly fed fine for the first 30 or 40 rounds, but since then, it's almost impossible to get it to successfully chamber a shell. Jams every time. I'll bring it to my gunsmith, but I'm not in a hurry. When I discussed it with him, he said they're notorious for that.

That was my first Dominion Arms product. The next (and last) was a case of "non-corrosive" 7.62x39 ammo. I did a nail test, which was coated in rust after 45 minutes. Hopelessly corrosive. Dominion Arms is synonymous with poison.
    We have sold literally thousands of cases of this ammunition and tests have been performed by ourselves and many customers. This is the only case I am aware of where this ammo was found to be corrosive. Not only this, for the nail to show signs of rust within 45 minutes of testing is astounding. This leads me to believe that either you got a batch of ammo where during production, a factory worker in Ukraine managed to insert 1000 corrosive primers in the loading machine which produced all the ammunition for your case of ammo or the environment you tested in was not stable (were you in a sauna?) and/or the nail was already corroded.

I would be happy to help you with any issues if you would email me at ryanj@canadaammo.com. We stand behind our product and if this ammo was corrosive, we would certainly make everyone aware. We have purchased ammo in the past that we thought was NC only to find out later it was corrosive and not only did we notify people, we also credited people who have already purchased said ammunition.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

Can anyone explain to me exactly how the rounds jam?

Do they nose dive? How are they oriented?

this will help me determine the best solution.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    This is the only case I am aware of where this ammo was found to be corrosive.
    When I notified CanAm of this issue, Dan told me the same thing, despite the fact that there was already a lengthy thread on this forum by another customer who discovered the exact same thing - a thread that CanAm replied to. So every time this happens, it's the only case CanAm is aware of?

Not only this, for the nail to show signs of rust within 45 minutes of testing is astounding. This leads me to believe that... the environment you tested in was not stable (were you in a sauna?) and/or the nail was already corroded.
    I emailed Dan photos of both the corroded nail and the control nail, and of course the latter was gleaming. Day and night. The nail test was done in my garage.

We stand behind our product and if this ammo was corrosive, we would certainly make everyone aware. We have purchased ammo in the past that we thought was NC only to find out later it was corrosive and not only did we notify people, we also credited people who have already purchased said ammunition.
    You did stand behind your product, providing a full refund. Thank you for that. However, you did not inform anyone here to the best of my knowledge, and continued selling it.

Bottom line: If you care about your firearms, don't even think about running Dominion Arms ammo. It's not worth the risk.

I had the exact same experience as OP; two metal aftermarket mags and one plastic with the grizz. A buddy of mine has had one for a year or more and his came with a metal mag so it seems that DA has recently gone with a poly mag.

While I agree that the metal mags do not feed reliably, out of the box, a search on the forum will result in a very quick, simple fix. Ten minutes, mostly consumed in dis-assembly and assembly, and my grizz was feeding just fine. I just posted an explanation of it here.

Despite what the haters might say, its fun as hell to shoot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast