Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slugfest!

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Why would they reduce capacity if they are actually shorter than 2-3/4"? We have not found this to be true whatsoever in any gun we have tried them in.

Additionally, the S&B slugs are 1350fps minimum. That is faster than many slugs out and only about 16% off the 1600 maximum listed by everyone else. S&B is conservative in their numbers and as they use European measures for opened shells they also conservatively list their ammo as 2-5/8" instead of 2-3/4" (2-6/8")

They are fantastic shooting slugs. They do not reduce capacity whatsoever. They are shorter than 2-3/4" shells by a miniscule amount.
    These are my favourite slugs and thank you for getting them. And no they do not reduce the capacity of rounds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Be aware that these are low recoil and velocity, and will reduce your guns capacity by 1 as a result of the longer length of the 2 5/8 shell.
    someone can not read a tape measure
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Hi, are you be able to bring in any Federal true ball "deep penetrator" in? I'd love some but only seem to see regular true ball, never hardened deep penetrator.

They're affordable, very accurate and just as capable as brenneke for deep penetration. Thanks

http://www.federalpremium.com/produc...ll.aspx?id=902

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    someone can not read a tape measure
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Why would they reduce capacity if they are actually shorter than 2-3/4"? We have not found this to be true whatsoever in any gun we have tried them in.

Additionally, the S&B slugs are 1350fps minimum. That is faster than many slugs out and only about 16% off the 1600 maximum listed by everyone else. S&B is conservative in their numbers and as they use European measures for opened shells they also conservatively list their ammo as 2-5/8" instead of 2-3/4" (2-6/8")

They are fantastic shooting slugs. They do not reduce capacity whatsoever. They are shorter than 2-3/4" shells by a miniscule amount.
    When I encountered the problem, I must have visually compared the S&B slug to a Dominion slug, which is listed as 2 3/4 but is shorter than the S&B.
    In my picture below, it shows a 2 3/4 Dominion Buckshot, which is taller than both the other two. If you minus the brass, the opened hull still reads as longer as well.

. . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Got my 2 cases today
    Thanks...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123