Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Korean M1 Garands green light.

Climate in Korea could very well have turned the guns into junk if they weren't preserved very well...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    if you guys think our dealers will import those and sell them to us for 220.00 ..... LOL not gonna happen, they will be 1000.00 or more landed I bet

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    if you guys think our dealers will import those and sell them to us for 220.00 ..... LOL not gonna happen, they will be 1000.00 or more landed I bet
    Yeah. People see a 5% discount on a gun and everybody rush in to get them. They know they will sell even at 1300, so they will max out the price as much as they can. It's business.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Same rumor as 2012. No deal. Obama shut the door on these. Maybe Canada can buy them instead 87,000 garands . . . one for everyone!

Wouldn't pay $5 for a dumpster rifle. These Things are garbage.
    I didn't invent the turtle neck, but I was the first to recognize it's potential as a tactical garment... Tactical turtle neck. Tactlneck.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

I am waiting to see what the guy with 22,000 posts has to say on this.

They may be beater rifles, but they are still functioning garands, and a lot of milsurp collectors buy things as a piece of history. So if they are a bit beat, just ads character.

dumpster rifle or not for 5 dollars id buy a turd with a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    Pretty sure guys would be happy with $6-700 Garands compared to double that now...

Hopefully there's an ammo stockpile coming too...
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    I think most would agree that they would be a bargain at 3X $220.

Edit: Assuming they're not a POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Sure, why not. I mean we haven't even seen the condition of these yet, so why not throw out a silly number that we'd be willing to pay, not knowing anything about what condition these guns are in.

Really?

If CMP is selling them for $220 in the US, there is a reason for it. And it isn't because they got them that cheap.
    Exactly, the last statement, Fenceline has it right.
    Don't be making blanket statements claiming everybody else would be willing to fork over several hundred bucks on surplus rifles of unknown condition. Speak for yourselves.
    If I didn't know better it sounds like something a prospective importer/entrepreneur would say, to prep people for some future price gouging/fixing. Nobody's even seen these things up close yet,.. yet they're automatically worth upwards of at least $660 to $700 are they? Yeah right. From the few photos I saw on the web, they look like you'd be lucky to be able sell them as parts guns. As-is, the ones I saw pics of were beaten up rust buckets. If somebody can strip them apart, clean the parts up and salvage the decent parts left on them, that may be an option too. But it's all conjecture at this point.
    Like the other fella said, I'll believe it when they show up here.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    Just need a little clean up! Pretty sure they'll sell as long as the bores are ok.
    Those are just "safe kisses", aren't they?