Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Restricted Purchase

First Restricted Purchase

I was having a hard time finding info about fist time restricted purchases so i thought i'd post my experience so far....

I did some looking around, and decided to purchase from Prairie Gun Traders. here are the time lines...

April 22, inquired about a S&W MP 9 range kit on their website
    April 23, got an email back asking for info.. pal#, Date and place of birth , address. then i called and gave them payment over the phone. easy peasy!
    April 24, i called the CFO office to check and see if things were good, thats when i was told that they needed proof of gun club membership and that they has mailed me a letter asking for that... but since i called, i can just email it to them, and request that my transfer paper be emailed to me. (i just got that letter today May 1st, so if i hadn't called, the process would have been even longer).
    April 24, i scanned and emailed my club membership to the email the lady gave me.
    April 30, Got an email from RCMP with my Transfer Notification (TN) and Long-Term Authorization to Transport (LT ATT) in PDF format!

emailed Prairie Gun Traders to see if there was anything else they needed or the item was shipped but haven't heard back, probably busy.

no tracking number yet, not sure if i will be getting one.

so now the waiting game begins! i'll post back with updated, and maybe pics when i get the package!!

UPDATE:
    April 30 gun was shipped!!!
    May 4 gun arrived on my door step!!!
    Last edited by eddie55; 05-04-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Nice choice on the first restricted BTW, that was mine too simply for the cost to what you get, the gun is a great one too so it's a win win. GL on getting it and have fun.

Peace

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Ah the all-to-familiar waiting game! Time is all relative. You will have your pistol in your hand in an instant!

Congrats on the purchase btw, I got into the restricted game myself about half of a year ago, it's too much fun!

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    And that is exactly why I like dealing with the Alberta CFO.
    You are just waiting on the shipper.
    Last edited by greywolf67nt; 05-02-2015 at 02:48 AM.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Prairie gun traders is run by one dude as a private business. He is a good guy. He will get to shippin er away.

Gun was shipped April 30th... showed up on my door step today!! whoot whoot!

congrats shipping didn't take to long.

Nice. Congrats.

200 rounds thru the gun so far and loving it! only issue i have is the trigger.. seems like a common complaint with these models

Quote Originally Posted by eddie55 View Post
    200 rounds thru the gun so far and loving it! only issue i have is the trigger.. seems like a common complaint with these models
    What trouble are you having with the trigger? I know it's not the best stock trigger but it usually works properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast