Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern VARMINTER .... ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbeil View Post
    ATRS already stated that they won't do 7.62x39 because of the warrenty issues that will arise due to people running cheap surplus through the rifles
    same could be said for 300blk in a NR barrel.....

However if ATRS only provided the different bolts and people did their own conversions after the fact like I suggested above, there is no warranty anymore from the manufacturer.

It would be like me taking an ACR back to bushmaster after I did my 450 conversion and asking for warranty, they have no obligation to help me in any way.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    same could be said for 300blk in a NR barrel.....

However if ATRS only provided the different bolts and people did their own conversions after the fact like I suggested above, there is no warranty anymore from the manufacturer.

It would be like me taking an ACR back to bushmaster after I did my 450 conversion and asking for warranty, they have no obligation to help me in any way.
    No but it's still their name on the rifle. Why add a risk factor of it going wrong and the company looking bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    No but it's still their name on the rifle. Why add a risk factor of it going wrong and the company looking bad.
    Unless they make the parts proprietary and patent them all themselves, how will they prevent people from doing their own conversions?

Again, I will use the ACR as an example, I have 7.62x39 and 450 Bushmaster conversions along with Remington 30 AR currently in the works. None of the parts enabling the conversions were from Bushmaster and it was still possible for a moron like myself to get it done.

Now what risk factor is there to Bushmaster in all this? I don't see any so please enlighten me as how they would look bad if something went wrong with what I did to their rifle.

If anything, I know first hand that my conversions are responsible for a number of ACR sales and conversions which is only good for business.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Unless they make the parts proprietary and patent them all themselves, how will they prevent people from doing their own conversions?

Again, I will use the ACR as an example, I have 7.62x39 and 450 Bushmaster conversions along with Remington 30 AR currently in the works. None of the parts enabling the conversions were from Bushmaster and it was still possible for a moron like myself to get it done.

Now what risk factor is there to Bushmaster in all this? I don't see any so please enlighten me as how they would look bad if something went wrong with what I did to their rifle.

If anything, I know first hand that my conversions are responsible for a number of ACR sales and conversions which is only good for business.
    I'm certain Rick would wash his hands of the sale of a MV with any of these mods being done, warranty wise. And liability wise.

But, feel free to paint your car any color you like.

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    I'm certain Rick would wash his hands of the sale of a MV with any of these mods being done, warranty wise. And liability wise.

But, feel free to paint your car any color you like.
    It's a non issue really, I can't see anyone asking for warranty or trying to claim liability on something they had modified after purchase.

Even if they did, there is no legal recourse/ground to stand on.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Didn't say it was possible to stop people, I said why would they want to do part of it themselves. Especially when they can't even keep up with current demand.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Didn't say it was possible to stop people, I said why would they want to do part of it themselves.
    more sales and a bigger, virtually untapped market share

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    The Bolt is frum an Ar 15 I think so it's a simple swap the barrel is from a ar as well
    A light MV in 450 bushmaster and a 223 would be sweet hunting rig

i will be happy with the 223 but a 450 bushmaster would be sweet

it getting hard not to get excited about the MV and MH