Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern VARMINTER .... ?

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The problem is that even when the manufacturer is above any legal reproach they get dragged in to a legal action as a matter of course, that is pretty much SOP for lawyers today.

Case in point we got dragged into a legal action a few years ago when a fellow blew his leg off and killed his T.V.. The total exposure that ATRS had was re-blueing a bolt action rifle. ATRS test fired the rifle when it was final assembled after being blued and there was no issue at all until several years later.
    ATRS had no part in the victims drinking and drug intake nor did ATRS load the rifle illegally inside the apartment where this occurred. At no point was ATRS ever in the apartment, nor did we supply ammo or point the rifle or force the rifle to be pointed at the victims T.V. while his leg was in the direct path of the bullet. Being as ATRS was never in said apartment it can be concluded that ATRS did not pull the trigger, so could in no way be held responsible for the rifle blowing off the lower leg of the person who was in possession of the rifle at that time or the T.V. that was killed.
    Responding EMS and police found various hand tools and ammo scattered around close to the victim, the reason for these tools and assorted ammo remain a mystery to this day. How the rifle came to be in the possession of a person with NO PAL is also still a mystery, but the fact remains the victim was in sole possession of the rifle at the time of the occurrence. The suit was dropped after the victim committed suicide 2 years after the incident.

HOWEVER It still cost ATRS many thousands of dollars defending itself to point out the obvious.
    We have to look at many factors before making a decision to do something. In the case of 300 Blackout, we looked deeply into the number of catastrophic failures that have been reported when either guys try and run sub-sonic ammo out of long barreled rifles. We concluded that the incidence was significant enough to NOT offer this.
    We have also looked at the failure rate of bolts for the 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39 and decided we did not want to have the hassle associated with warranty claims given the high incidence of failure that cartridges have in an AR style platform.

It is all well and fine for a huge conglomerate to "walk on the wild side" when it comes to questionable combinations. They have REALLY deep pockets and can easily ward off, or buy out lawsuits, and due to their volume of sales having a few hundred upset customers means nothing, either to them or the client base. A small manufacturer such as we are can not afford the litigation, nor a bad name in the miniscule market Canada has.

This is also part of the reason that only complete and tested rifles or uppers are being sold, as opposed to DIY kits.
    You know what, I like you guys even more now after reading that response.

I'll be adding the Modern Varminter to my "spend bonus money on" list.

Cheers!
    Check other started threads for combo deals

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    The problem is that even when the manufacturer is above any legal reproach they get dragged in to a legal action as a matter of course, that is pretty much SOP for lawyers today.

Case in point we got dragged into a legal action a few years ago when a fellow blew his leg off and killed his T.V.. The total exposure that ATRS had was re-blueing a bolt action rifle. ATRS test fired the rifle when it was final assembled after being blued and there was no issue at all until several years later.
    ATRS had no part in the victims drinking and drug intake nor did ATRS load the rifle illegally inside the apartment where this occurred. At no point was ATRS ever in the apartment, nor did we supply ammo or point the rifle or force the rifle to be pointed at the victims T.V. while his leg was in the direct path of the bullet. Being as ATRS was never in said apartment it can be concluded that ATRS did not pull the trigger, so could in no way be held responsible for the rifle blowing off the lower leg of the person who was in possession of the rifle at that time or the T.V. that was killed.
    Responding EMS and police found various hand tools and ammo scattered around close to the victim, the reason for these tools and assorted ammo remain a mystery to this day. How the rifle came to be in the possession of a person with NO PAL is also still a mystery, but the fact remains the victim was in sole possession of the rifle at the time of the occurrence. The suit was dropped after the victim committed suicide 2 years after the incident.

HOWEVER It still cost ATRS many thousands of dollars defending itself to point out the obvious.
    We have to look at many factors before making a decision to do something. In the case of 300 Blackout, we looked deeply into the number of catastrophic failures that have been reported when guys try and run sub-sonic ammo out of long barreled rifles. There "were" several bolt actions being offered, but it seems even they are no longer offered, and the chances of a gas gun failing are mush higher than a bolt gun where ALL the gasses are exhausted out the muzzle.
    We concluded that the incidence was significant enough to NOT offer this.
    We have also looked at the failure rate of bolts for the 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39 and decided we did not want to have the hassle associated with warranty claims given the high incidence of failure that cartridges have in an AR style platform.
    IF it the AR10 bolt could be employed, it would be better suited to the larger boltfaces these cartridges require,however it is a different platform.

It is all well and fine for a huge conglomerate to "walk on the wild side" when it comes to questionable combinations. They have REALLY deep pockets and can easily ward off, or buy out lawsuits, and due to their volume of sales having a few hundred upset customers means nothing, either to them or the client base. A small manufacturer such as we are can not afford the litigation, nor a bad name in the minuscule market Canada has.

This is also part of the reason that only complete and tested rifles or uppers are being sold, as opposed to DIY kits.
    How was the gun in this case even traced back to having work done at atrs years later when found in illegal possession of someone?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    What about 6.8 spc or same story as 300 blackout and 6.5 Grendel?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    How was the gun in this case even traced back to having work done at atrs years later when found in illegal possession of someone?
    Simple process of elimination. There are very few rifle makers here that are or were set up for re-blueing. When called and asked if we had ever worked on the rifle described and provided the name of the person who brought it in, I answered honestly.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmitty View Post
    What about 6.8 spc or same story as 300 blackout and 6.5 Grendel?
    Same bolt and mag problems.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

What about 22lr?
    I'd love to get a conversion kit for my MV.

Quote Originally Posted by gunguy23 View Post
    What about 22lr?
    I'd love to get a conversion kit for my MV.
    I am skeptical that our charge handle will work with the bolts that are supplied with the 22 conversions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Simple process of elimination. There are very few rifle makers here that are or were set up for re-blueing. When called and asked if we had ever worked on the rifle described and provided the name of the person who brought it in, I answered honestly.
    has to be a lot more to the story, like how someone in illegal possession of the firearm even knew it had any work done years prior by the legal owner at the time.

Unfortunate how our system works, Our legal system is flawed in the fact that anyone at any time can be forced to spend thousands on legal bills in defense of the truth.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    has to be a lot more to the story, like how someone in illegal possession of the firearm even knew it had any work done years prior by the legal owner at the time.

Unfortunate how our system works, Our legal system is flawed in the fact that anyone at any time can be forced to spend thousands on legal bills in defense of the truth.
    It is all public record now if all the details are that important. 1 cannot sue someone without there being court records after all.
    Now how bout we get the thread back on track?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    I'll get it back on track......

I promise to try to never ever be cracked out whilst dismantling my MH in front of the TV when in arrives this summer......

I'll try...

I'll only do that with my 6.5. It was a build from HiPro....!!!

-J.

hahahahahha......
    Last edited by Gunneegoogoo; 12-28-2015 at 05:37 PM.