Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted .50 Cal Trigger Group/Lower - Order Online!

This is a great development, but if people will indulge a question that might have been answered already, I was wondering what else a purchaser might need to complete the rifle?

Will the trigger group pictured at the beginning of this thread come with the hammer, trigger, springs, etc.? And what would be recommended by the way of a buttstock for such a hefty rifle. And since I don't see my 10X Bushnell Mil Dot target scope as being the optimal candidate for mounting, I'm just wondering what most here would consider a realistic price to budget for when all is said and done.

I understand that Lee Precision has a reloading press and dies, while another company provides the molds for casting lead bullets that shoot well with Trail Boss. All that ordering of parts and reloading could make for the shooting project of the summer I suppose, but I would think it fitting to factor in all of these steps before deciding to purchase one of these.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadwindow View Post
    This is a great development, but if people will indulge a question that might have been answered already, I was wondering what else a purchaser might need to complete the rifle?

Will the trigger group pictured at the beginning of this thread come with the hammer, trigger, springs, etc.? And what would be recommended by the way of a buttstock for such a hefty rifle. And since I don't see my 10X Bushnell Mil Dot target scope as being the optimal candidate for mounting, I'm just wondering what most here would consider a realistic price to budget for when all is said and done.

I understand that Lee Precision has a reloading press and dies, while another company provides the molds for casting lead bullets that shoot well with Trail Boss. All that ordering of parts and reloading could make for the shooting project of the summer I suppose, but I would think it fitting to factor in all of these steps before deciding to purchase one of these.
    From the information thread on the lowers.
    "The lower with the upper modifications is $750.00, a number of the small parts from a standard LPK are also required, but I suspect $50.00 will cover all of them. The DA50 apparently comes with a proprietary hammer, which makes sense as standard mil type hammers and springs do not have enough mass to set of the 50 cal primers.
    A standard buffer tube and some sort of AR stock and grip will also be required to make the unit useful, these are common and can be purchased almost everywhere AR parts can be found.
    From experience I would suggest something like an A2 or PRS or something fixed along those lines rather than a collapsible stock."

Your Bushy will do the job although there are many far better scopes on the market. Keep in mind that IF the plan is to shoot cast bullets, you will be giving up a lot of velocity and range.
    The Lee crap will do the job, for a while, but I suggest buy once and cry once, that way you don't potentially get hurt when the press snaps and you have a useful tool for many many years.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Nismojunky View Post
    How many more do you need before this goes into production
    We are going ahead with this. Materials will be ordered next week.
    The guys who put down deposits will be the first to get the lowers obviously. We will be making a few more than what has been spoken for but not many, so for those still on the fence NOW is the time to put up or remain silent until we decide whether we run a second batch.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I got my confirmation this morning from atrs.
    Thanx for doing this for us Rick and crew.
    Last edited by 45ACPKING; 05-14-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    I got my confirmation this morning from atrs.
    don't know if the webpage add for the lower is updating with each deposit but when I checked atrs's site this morning it says 20 deposits so far.....
    Those are just the web orders, without counting, we are almost double that in deposit backed orders

I asked on the DA50 thread with no response, but could someone take a quick measurement of the OAL of the upper? I'd like to find a pelican case that will hold the upper and lower separetly.

45 1/4 inches overall
    C.

Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion.
    Material to make the lowers has been ordered. once here it will take us about 3 months to get the raw billet stock machined into lowers, anodized and made into useful parts.
    Once the lowers are done we can then start to get the modifications done to the uppers.
    So BEST case scenario is about 3 to 4 months until lowers are completed and we can get to the mods on the uppers.
    Apparently there are some who figured this was a week to 10 day project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Just to clarify as there seems to be some confusion.
    Material to make the lowers has been ordered. once here it will take us about 3 months to get the raw billet stock machined into lowers, anodized and made into useful parts.
    Once the lowers are done we can then start to get the modifications done to the uppers.
    So BEST case scenario is about 3 to 4 months until lowers are completed and we can get to the mods on the uppers.
    Apparently there are some who figured this was a week to 10 day project.

10 day project ?? really LOL
    I'll be happy to see mine done anytime before fall
    just hope more uppers become available in June ( I see some fool has one listed in the ee for 400 more than canam's retail LOL , maybe he was the the lower in 10 days guy hahaha)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've got a question or two

when these lowers are getting machined, what kind of options will we have for finish and engravings?