Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted .50 Cal Trigger Group/Lower - Order Online!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 09outlander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Had some machine issues last week that are now repaired so we can get back to finishing the lowers, then making the attachment parts. Hopefully will have everything done late August so can start conversions. We will be doing the upper mods in batches which will probably take 2 to 3 weeks to complete per batch.
    So are we going to be able to buy a complete rifle from ATRS or are we going to have to buy the upper from Canada Ammo, ship it to ATRS for machining, then you ship us the complete rifle. My apologies if this was covered in the first 11 pages.
    Come for the guns, stay for the tinfoil
    Member: CSSA

Dunnville Hunters and Anglers, we are accepting new members
    www.dunnvillehuntersandanglers.ca

Quote Originally Posted by 09outlander View Post
    So are we going to be able to buy a complete rifle from ATRS or are we going to have to buy the upper from Canada Ammo, ship it to ATRS for machining, then you ship us the complete rifle. My apologies if this was covered in the first 11 pages.
    Rick has indeed indicated that door number two is your only option. I guess it depends on how much an inconvenience it feels like to you...

Tom
    12(6)TAHA-->TSA-->TMC-->LTVFG OHA-->CSSA&CCFR
    ***We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we ARE encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.***Firearms owners in Canada are like the Jews of 1930s Europe. We are harmless, but there's no effective opposition to cynical legislation depriving us of our property and freedom.***

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cgypal View Post
    Ok, Is the first batch sold out? Does the upper need to be there now ready to go, or can I "book in" and drop it off then?
    So far there is only 1 run of our lowers planned, there are some still available but not many.
    Those with deposits on lowers obviously will get first dibs and will be dealt with first.
    You can drop off the upper anytime you wish and as soon as the lowers are completed we can do the modifications to the upper.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

So far there is only 1 run of our lowers planned, there are some still available but not many.
    Those with deposits on lowers obviously will get first dibs and will be dealt with first.
    You can drop off the upper anytime you wish and as soon as the lowers are completed we can do the modifications to the upper.
    Ok, I currently do have a deposit on a lower. Do I just make sure my uppers there ready to go and you guys do it within couple weeks from when they are ready to go? Thanks for the reponses so far

Quote Originally Posted by cgypal View Post
    Ok, I currently do have a deposit on a lower. Do I just make sure my uppers there ready to go and you guys do it within couple weeks from when they are ready to go? Thanks for the reponses so far
    Then you will get a call once we have the lowers back from anodizing and you can bring in the upper. OR you can bring in the upper whenever it is convenient and we can advise you as soon as it is ready to pick up.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Regular
    There are different primer sealer colors used from lot to lot. It IS surplus machine gun ammo to be sure.
    All that we have is clearly marked LC for head stamps so i don't see how it could be considered rebranded or from different manufacturers.

Is it matchgrade ammo? Not a chance.
    Does it go boom and send a bullet down range? You betcha.
    Would I run it in 1 of my match 50s? Not a chance.
    Would I run it through a DA50 upper? Certainly as long as the accuracy expectations are not high.
    I think the reason some guys are having it stick in the chamber is due to the fact that out of the box it is filthy and needs to be cleaned BEFORE being inserted into a rifle.
    Figure the AE50 ammo on about the same level as any surplus spray and pray ammo.
    Would you not run it through a match 50 due to poor accuracy or due to potential damage to the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mishchenko View Post
    Would you not run it through a match 50 due to poor accuracy or due to potential damage to the gun?
    I do not think the XM33 ammo will significantly damage a rifle, there have been 2 casing ruptures reported that I am aware of. Given that the least expensive 50 I own is worth over $15000.00 coupled with the fact that anything greater than .5 MOA capability holds no interest to me, I would never even consider running that ammo personally. For the guys who are strictly looking for the S & G factor and have little investment, or in my case M2s that might be a different story. We purchased a large amount of the XM33 ammo specifically for the latter 2 scenarios.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 09outlander's Avatar
    Just put a deposit down on a lower, now I just need CA to get the uppers back in stock once again.
    Come for the guns, stay for the tinfoil
    Member: CSSA

Dunnville Hunters and Anglers, we are accepting new members
    www.dunnvillehuntersandanglers.ca

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Sooo could you guys make a nr lower for say, the 7.62x39 upper being brought in by IRG? Or for that matter any upper? I understand that's the upper would have to be modified slightly!
    Is it a single shot bolt action? Is there a need for at least 50 or more?
    If no to either question, the answer is no as it won't work for question #1 and it is not economically feasible for question #2

Has anyone looked into using a TriggerTech AR15 trigger in the lowers? Are the DA50's heavier springs compatible?