Thread: Prohib Class Pistols

Prohib Class Pistols

Phil

I was in your store on Saturday and I asked to see your Lugers on consignment, the fellow behind the counter said that since I do not have a prohib class license that I could not see them, I responded by saying that they could be shipped to Dlask and have the barrels replaced with restricted length barrels, and reclassified as a restricted firearm.

He looked a little dumbfounded and said we don't do that and I said ok....

Is this true that you wouldn't ship these to Dlask to get converted to restricted ?

Gary

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Any qualified gunsmith can do that work. Many places like you encountered just don't want to deal with it.

Moe

i think you should pm phil to make sure he sees this question.
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

I had that done. Well worth the 9 month wait. No extra effort for the seller either. Pay them, and start the registration transfer to the gunsmith of your choice and once it's converted, the gunsmith transfers it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    i think you should pm phil to make sure he sees this question.
    I did with no reply, that's why I publicly posted this

Quote Originally Posted by humahumatriggerfish View Post
    I did with no reply, that's why I publicly posted this
    Sorry just got back from hunting trip in the USA. I spoke to the salesman in question and he confirms your conversation. While we have no specific policy about sending prohibited guns out to be converted I can advise that we did this once a long time ago and it eventually ended up at a crime scene without modification. So yes I would not think that's something we would get into however if you are very serious and are willing to pay for any additional cost at I would consider this (contact me for appointment). To be fair we do allow potential customers to handle handguns or any firearms for that matter any gun without asking to see PAL. This decision to ask for a PAL I leave up to the discretion of my sales people. With respect to prohibited handguns and Lugers most people just want to handle (play) with them and add additional wear and tear for no reason. The prohibited handguns are all on consignment and not owned by our store. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Thanks

I have bought a number of handguns from P & D over the last few years, I have actually posed this same question to a local auction company, and to Mil -Arm ( Actually Mil-Arm are the ones who suggested this ).
    With no hesitation on complying with my request.

My son has his graduation this weekend, but I will try to make it in again.

Does anyone know in the Edmonton area regarding gunsmiths that can do this conversion, or should I just ship them to Dlask

Gary