Page 1 of 18 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: New Release from Chiappa!!!!

Expried Business Member

New Release from Chiappa!!!!

Our ongoing dialogue with Chiappa has produced some exciting new guns over the past year and this new offering is no exception. We are please to present Chiappa's newest lever action carbine, the "Chiappa 1886 45/70 Ridge Runner". This tough, beefy 12" barreled lever action is built on the 1886 Kodiak receiver and stock set and will handle any abuse they are given and have been treated with their brand new hard chrome finish that will resist anything Mother Nature will throw at you!

Weighing in at 7.75 lb's, this 30 inch carbine is a perfect companion for the back country and comes from factory with a full length stock for ease of shooting and improved comfort over its Mares leg cousin. Comes with upgraded adjustable Skinner peep sights and Red Fibre Optic fronts!

Take Down capability!!!

SPECS:
    Caliber .45/70 gov't
    Complete Take Down capability
    12" Octagonal Barrel
    30.5" OAL
    4 shot Capacity
    Rubberized "Soft Touch" Full length Stock Set
    Skinner rear peep sight/Red Fibre Optic fronts

In stock, ready to ship across Canada for $10 Flat rate!!! .45/70 RIDGE RUNNER

Gary

I can feel my wallet getting lighter already
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars"

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Good luck with this one after the last batch
    I wish you all the best

Why do they go with the odd rubber covered wood stocks instead of a nice glass filled nylon stock? It's not like they're trying to keep the cost down.

BANNED
    Why is it so much more money than the .44 magnum version?

BANNED
    Beautiful looking gun. Eye candy !

Perfect for back packing in Canada but I'd have a hard time getting it into the USA with that 12" bbl for my yearly deer hunt in Maine.
    Anything less than a 16" bbl is a "NFA short barrel rifle" down there and needs lots of paperwork to import and possess + a $200 tax stamp even for a US citizen.

Besides if I called Wanstalls to buy a $2000 gun I might as well call a good divorce lawyer at the same time.

Sorry, not this time around.

If they made one with a 16" bbl for 1/2 the money I'd be interested.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post
    Beautiful looking gun. Eye candy !

Perfect for back packing in Canada but I'd have a hard time getting it into the USA with that 12" bbl for my yearly deer hunt in Maine.
    Anything less than a 16" bbl is a "NFA short barrel rifle" down there and needs lots of paperwork to import and possess + a $200 tax stamp even for a US citizen.

Besides if I called Wanstalls to buy a $2000 gun I might as well call a good divorce lawyer at the same time.

Sorry, not this time around.

If they made one with a 16" bbl for 1/2 the money I'd be interested.
    You nailed it... A 12" in a take down doesn't make sense to me. At least with a 16" both bits would be the same length.

BANNED
    "brand new hard chrome finish that will resist anything Mother Nature will throw at you!"
    After following the thread dialog on the last batch it will be interesting to read the range/field reports from the new owners on this version.

2 G's?you gots to be kidding me....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post

I'd be in the same boat, but I do think it looks like fun.

Page 1 of 18 12345678911 ... LastLast