Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child Fitness Tax Credit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Penalty pushups for poor accuracy after each string would take care of the "significant physical activity" requirement.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

How about trap shooting for my 12 years old daughter?

CGN frequent flyer
    I had better luck rock climbing as a kid that trying to use my 12 pound position rifle. I was a good shooter, just saying standing still is not always a physical gimmie with an adult weight rifle. I think it qualifies as a stress position. And these days everyone does some kind of training for sport whether they need it or not.

Actually, it looks very much like a kids shooting program could fall under the Children's Arts Tax Credit, but since equipment and supplies are not tax deductible you're SOL for your firearms and ammo. AND, it must be a supervised program, so I don't think you're getting your annual family range membership paid either.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gncy/bdgt/2011/qa01-eng.html

And yes, I caught the humour in the original post!
    Member: CSSA, BCWF, ADFGA

330 Dakota - "If your dead, you dont know your dead, it only hurts the people around you,,kinda like when your stupid,,,AND VOTED LIBERAL"

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable Nate View Post
    Hahaha very nice. Now all kidding aside. If I enrolled my daughter's (4 of em) into the local junior rifle club. Would that be considered a sport, and if so would some bolt action .22 not be considered required equipment and be elegable for the tax credit.
    My daughter wants to take up biathlon. Our local range is already partnered with the local biathlon club, and are building a dedicated practice range. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to claim our yearly membership, and at least a .22 or two. . I'll have to check with our accountant!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12