Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to join a club in southern Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Santoneski View Post
    yea i work weekdays so thats a problem. Dam wait times! i guess Silverdale it is. i heard it takes forever to get a LTATT as well.
    My LTATT from Silverdale took exactly 12 days...did the club ATT course and the mandated 4 prob shoots in just under 2 weeks and it was waiting for me after my last shoot. Issue date on the LTATT showed it was 12 days from the day of my course. That was some time ago though so not sure how much has changed.

Think it has more to do with the CFO and the time of year than anything...I hear there is one person in the a ontario CFO office that does ATT's...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Innavedaw View Post
    I usually start earlier than 8am...I am there by 7 most days once you get to spring/summer...you're good to go at sunrise as a member...even on weekends it's quiet at 7am...
    one of the RO's (i think his name was jeff?) there told me it started at sunrise for members but their website says 8am. i guess they should update their website.
    i did not have to do their ATT course because i already have an ATT from The Grange and i did not have to do the probationary shoots because they honour the ones ive done with The Grange. i got my full membership the same day i paid and completed their orientation. i absolutely love the facility and cannot wait to go back.

I'm also contemplating which club to join. Silverdale and Burlington are on my list...I like that Burlington has 24hr access but I like that Silverdale has outdoor ranges. I won't be able to take too many days off to go to the range in the mornings. I live in Brampton so my choices are limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Range Burlington
    Currently, our new member safety courses are booked to the end of 2016. Although we are not capping our membership, we are unable to process new
    applications at this time.
    Sounds like a cap to me...

Quote Originally Posted by J4Sanders View Post
    Sounds like a cap to me...
    Where was that posted? I'm trying to find that on their website

'Could look into GRGC...
    ~6 outdoor ranges including a covered 25, 50 100 yard and plate rack.
    ~Active trap section
    ~25yrd indoor pistol range
    ~Construction started on a new 50yd indoor rifle range.
    Bernie Rhodes knows. Don't Argue

Thanks 667

GRGC was one of my top picks because of their IPSC activity but unfortunately they also stopped taking applications. I received my RPAL a few days after they closed registration it would be perfect actually since I live in west Brampton.

I may try Elmira and also Galt. I read of some negative feedback about Galt and the long wait time to get into the handgun or rifle sections though.

Why is it so hard to give a gun club my money lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyi View Post
    Where was that posted? I'm trying to find that on their website
    Not posted online, but that is the response I got earlier this month after filling in the online application form.

Bummer

I have been reading about using crown land while i find a gun club but I'm a little nervous about that...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12