Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to join a club in southern Ontario

Looking to join a club in southern Ontario

Not sure if this is the right area, but I'm looking to range. I'm located in hamilton so I've been thinking about Burlington revolver and rifle and silverdale. I've been to silverdale a few times and heard that sometimes in the summer it's really busy and you have to wait to use some of the facilities. Just want some opinions and advice.

Weekends at Silverdale can be a zoo in the nice weather...and I've heard of some long waits to shoot, especially the trap ranges, but during the week it's quiet - that's when I go mostly....on the other hand, I understand there's currently a wait list at BRRC just to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Innavedaw View Post
    Weekends at Silverdale can be a zoo in the nice weather...and I've heard of some long waits to shoot, especially the trap ranges, but during the week it's quiet - that's when I go mostly....on the other hand, I understand there's currently a wait list at BRRC just to join.
    yea i work weekdays so thats a problem. Dam wait times! i guess Silverdale it is. i heard it takes forever to get a LTATT as well.

BANNED
    Any club/range that is open to the general public will be busy is good weather. Silverdale at least gives you the option of going weekday evenings. Most clubs do not own the property and you shoot one night per week.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If you want to shoot trap/skeet exclusively / mostly , Hamilton Gun Club is excellent - Wednesdays and weekends.

But for handgun... not so easy.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

They have been working on things at Silverdale. Keeping up on non members, building covers on ranges. Still issues but it is getting better. Week-ends are pretty bad, way to many people. Week-days always seem to be good. RO's are all nice people. Pretty safe most of the time, except when guys bring their ditz G/F's that have no idea what they are doing and get very little instruction...I have had loaded handguns pointed at me far to many time...finger on the trigger to boot. You could find that anywhere I guess. Just have to be vigilant.

A place where there are so "..Damn Few..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoneski View Post
    Not sure if this is the right area, but I'm looking to range. I'm located in hamilton so I've been thinking about Burlington revolver and rifle and silverdale. I've been to silverdale a few times and heard that sometimes in the summer it's really busy and you have to wait to use some of the facilities. Just want some opinions and advice.
    If you're into shooting indoors, there is The Range @Urban Tactical. Pay-per-use or membership, brand new facilities, located in Brantford. Great bunch of guys over there..
    DAMN FEW....

CGN Regular
    If your looking for Handguns only Ft Erie revolver club is Accepting members Its a little ways from Hamilton but its never busy and open 6pm 6am thru the week and all day on weekends. Pm me if you want contact info

CGN frequent flyer
    if you go really early in the morning on weekends you can secure a spot to shoot at silverdale since members can start shooting at 8am.

Quote Originally Posted by thechineseguy View Post
    if you go really early in the morning on weekends you can secure a spot to shoot at silverdale since members can start shooting at 8am.
    I usually start earlier than 8am...I am there by 7 most days once you get to spring/summer...you're good to go at sunrise as a member...even on weekends it's quiet at 7am...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast