Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Norc CQ-A (M4) 5.56mm My 1st AR type rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Sling: ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?t=16&v=o45zfcFsBhE
    ht tp://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/149945-hk-3-point-sling.html#post1117514

Last edited by Juster; 05-17-2015 at 12:59 AM.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

I bought one of these about 18 months ago, and frankly they are a fun rifle to say the least.
    Not a single hiccup with any of the mags - from Norc to LAR, though it'd be nice if someone would clarify the .50 Beowulf 15 round comment.
    I presume it's the same circumstance as the 10 rd LAR mags usage in an AR.

I traded a 25 year old Colt AR15-2 for a new non-restricted rifle a month after the Sandy Hook shooting figuring there would be a major knee jerk reaction by the government (like the 4 inch barrel change from restricted to prohibited) and I'd lose whatever value the Colt would have had in it.
    Anyway, after a year of waiting for the legal shoe to drop, I re-thought the idea of owning an AR and went looking for something reasonably priced to fill that void.
    Thus I bought the Norc CQA and frankly, it shoots as well as the old Colt did.
    Not a single failure, not a single problem and that is more then I can say for the older Colt I had.

Bottom line, I figured it's far better be one of an ever growing list of restricted AR-15 (and clones) owners on the registry then the alternative.
    Will I put 6000 rounds through it...nope...but I will continue to have fun shooting it at the range as time and opportunity permits.
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

though it'd be nice if someone would clarify the .50 Beowulf 15 round comment.
    I presume it's the same circumstance as the 10 rd LAR mags usage in an AR.

you got it.

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    excellent choice OP, cheap and cheerful is how I feel about my nork.
    I used to snob cheap guns, now it has a solid place in my safe, it's a nice feeling that I can actually use my AR hard without worrying about dents or scratches at all.
    I'd like touch on the BCG roughness quickly, yes the Chinese BCG is a little rough, and no it does not smooth out over time due to aluminum receiver cannot smooth out the tough steel surface,
    not for 2k rds on mine atleast, it will not affect the gun's function of course, but it was a little annoying to me so I bought a stripped USA made BCG off EE from Armtac's sale for $75, the Norc bolt fits in nicely, smooth as butter now with a bit of motor oil added.
    I kept the original as spare but doubt I will ever need it.
    Last edited by Familygunnutz; 05-16-2015 at 06:40 PM.
    Get some!!! ^^

Hey, don't know much about the Beowulf. 15 rounds mag that'll shoot 223/556? Please educate me.

Cheers
    I may not be as good as I once was...but I'm as good once as I ever was

Don't practise until you get it right...practise until you can't get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorloo View Post
    Hey, don't know much about the Beowulf. 15 rounds mag that'll shoot 223/556? Please educate me.

Cheers
    Press Check Ventures .50 Beowulf Black Magazine, PCV-50 (GEN2) is a mag original intended for 5 rounds of .50 cal. ammo. Instead you stuff it full of .223 (15rounds) the last round is tight. I bought mine from Bulls Eye, one of the vendors here.

UPDATE
    (Was just reading a thread here where someone claims the Beowulf is prohib for .223 according to RCMP.)
    Last edited by rick43pen; 05-17-2015 at 01:10 AM.

They are a great rifle. Congrats!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs"
    Member of CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Why did Norc Fkup that mag? The design is decades old.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Why did Norc Fkup that mag? The design is decades old.
    It's not that they effed it up so much as they did nothing to make it better. All they had to do was add an anti tilt follower and it would have made a world of difference.
    Science. It's like magic, but with electricity!
    "....capable of firing 1200 rounds per minute" What's more impressive, is that the people he was selling to must have been capable of doing 240 mag changes per minute!! - kodiakjack

sweet rifle man, congrats!