Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Norc CQ-A (M4) 5.56mm My 1st AR type rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Huntsman's Avatar
    Hey thanks guys. I'm going to take it out tomorrow for a trial shoost.

I think the mags were over engineered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrantula View Post
    Congrats on the new toy! I love mine. Few pointers, the mags that come with it are pretty much useless, so it is a good thing you picked up some others. The sling that comes with them is a mystery, although there are some that have figured it out (if I recall correctly it is based on an HK style sling), however I picked up a single point for mine. And lastly, initially mine had problems ejecting spend casings, as in it would get caught up in the receiver/bolt on every single round, so all I did to fix this was install the $20 BCM Extractor Upgrade Kit. Now it runs like a top. Great little firearms for the money. Other than that enjoy and blast away!
    Agreed that the sling is useless, have never had any issues with the mags though

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    The 20-5 shot Norc mags are solid. They don't have that stupid large cut.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

I never even tried them. I do bench shooting so I don't care for the long mags.

Get off the bench and learn to shoot prone, sitting, kneeling and standing. You will find it far more interesting than bench shooting with this type of rifle!

Scott
    "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet again"

Quote Originally Posted by m39a2 View Post
    Get off the bench and learn to shoot prone, sitting, kneeling and standing. You will find it far more interesting than bench shooting with this type of rifle!

Scott
    LOL! I tried shooting standing last time at the range and I'm so shaky now the rifle was weaving all over the place. I'll stick with bench thanks.

Come out on the 14th of May to the service rifle shoot. We will show you some tricks on how to shoot accurately out to 300m with iron sights. Email me at armtrain@gmail.com and I'll forward you some information on a basic shooting skills course that is available.

Shooting is no fun if you can't hit what your aiming at and this basic course has been highly recommended to others by those whom have taken it!

Scott
    "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet again"

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrantula View Post
    Congrats on the new toy! I love mine. Few pointers, the mags that come with it are pretty much useless, so it is a good thing you picked up some others. The sling that comes with them is a mystery, although there are some that have figured it out (if I recall correctly it is based on an HK style sling), however I picked up a single point for mine. And lastly, initially mine had problems ejecting spend casings, as in it would get caught up in the receiver/bolt on every single round, so all I did to fix this was install the $20 BCM Extractor Upgrade Kit. Now it runs like a top. Great little firearms for the money. Other than that enjoy and blast away!

Mine has done the same thing since I got it just under a year ago with less than 1000 rds through it. I installed an upgrade extractor spring kit...didn't help. First shot fired after the spring was installed.....fresh after a good cleaning....fail to eject. Next step for me is a replacement extractor or full bolt/bolt upgrade kit. Haven't decided how much I want to invest in a $600 Chinese AR. Might just sell it and get a good ole American made AR.....in hind site knowing what I know now I probably would have bought the S&W M&P 15 sport for not to much more than what I paid for the CQ A and been guaranteed to have a flawless AR. Just my $.02.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Huntsman's Avatar
    So with the extractor mod, I take then the bolt is Milspec?
    I noticed the buffer/butt extension is wider.
    My plan is however, to keep it as is, no aftermarket parts until necessary. The only thing I might do is mount a scope.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rick43pen View Post
    UPDATE
    (Was just reading a thread here where someone claims the Beowulf is prohib for .223 according to RCMP.)
    Not wanting to hijack this thread, but, dafuk ?
    NFA & CSSA member - remember the T97, SigArms, cz858, AP80, etc.