Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Norc CQ-A (M4) 5.56mm My 1st AR type rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Huntsman's Avatar

Norc CQ-A (M4) 5.56mm My 1st AR type rifle

Well I took advantage of their $529 sale and what arrived in my mail yesterday, Friday May 15th was a better than expected Chinese copy of the Colt M4 carbine.
    I spent a good hour or so wiping off the preserving oil that coated the surface. Norinco has their way or idea of converting a 30rnd mag to Canada gun law 5 round.
    The bolt carrier rides a little rough as compared to US built AR's but I'm sure that will smoothen out with use and/or some elbow grease.
    So anyways, I am sure other CQ-A owners can share the same or other opinions from experiences. I hope to get out and put a few mags thru it. I picked up some AE 55gr ammo and Magpul mags and just recently some LR15 mags.
    Overall, I'm impressed. After reading the many horror stories others have shared I hope I am not one of them. Yes there are some rough spots, black paint run-off and the odd tool mark. I must say though, after handling a CQ311 years ago this one feels better made with a little more quality control.
    Here's some pics;

Last edited by Huntsman; 05-16-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Congrats on the new toy! I love mine. Few pointers, the mags that come with it are pretty much useless, so it is a good thing you picked up some others. The sling that comes with them is a mystery, although there are some that have figured it out (if I recall correctly it is based on an HK style sling), however I picked up a single point for mine. And lastly, initially mine had problems ejecting spend casings, as in it would get caught up in the receiver/bolt on every single round, so all I did to fix this was install the $20 BCM Extractor Upgrade Kit. Now it runs like a top. Great little firearms for the money. Other than that enjoy and blast away!

Congrats, it was my first ar aswel. Still own mine manny thousand rounds of equally cheap Norc and AE ammo later not one issue with the gun

CGN frequent flyer
    omg that mag :0

the rest looks fine.. esp for the money. If you plan to shoot the pi$$ out of your AR and you realize the service life of the barrel (and other parts?) is 6000 rounds you have to do some thinking about the actual need for a $400+ barrel let alone a $1500+ gun. I think these things are great value for what they are.. shooters. Same as the m14 copies.

Not that you don't have a fantastic rifle if You buy a DD or whatever.. but I like to shoot my guns and I would end up 'babying' something like that The Norc AR is the same price or less than a thousand rounds of quality ammo for it

happy shooting
    The Liberal Philosophy
    If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

"any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin

Our next Service Rifle League shoot at CHAS will be the 14th of June. You will need 40 rounds and at least 2 5 round mags.

See you there.

Scott

Canadian Historical Arms Society
    Service Rifle and Pistol League

14 June Service Rifle/Service Pistol
    12 July Service Rifle/Service Pistol
    09 August NRA Larger Bore 200m
    13 September Sniper Rifle/Service Pistol
    11 October NRA Large Bore 200m
    08 November Sniper Rifle

Matches begin at 12 noon, match fee $5.00 for C.H.A.S. Gun Club Members
    Non members pay an additional $ 20.00 day pass
    For more information please email srpl4gm@gmail.com
    Phone 780-885 9845

Service Rifle and NRA Large Bore rifle = any military rifle (or civilian version) from any country from any time period.
    (Optics up to a max of 4 power magnification allowed)
    Service pistol = any military pistol revolver (or civilian copy) from any time period from any country
    Sniper Rifle = any rifle any sight within caliber restrictions of the range

Course of fire for Service Rifle match
    300m
    5 rounds sitting, 3 minutes
    5 rounds sitting snap, 1 round for each 5 second exposure
    5 rounds Prone, 3 minutes
    5 rounds Prone snap, 1 round for each 5 second exposure
    200m
    10 rounds prone rapid in 30 seconds, (2 magazines)
    5 rounds prone snap, 1 round for each 3 seconds exposure
    5 rounds sitting snap, 1 round for each 3 second exposure
    "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet again"

Congrads! Now you just need a LAR mag( 10rbds) or a .50 Beowulf mag (15rnds) and maybe a scope if your eyes are bad like mine and you're set. I had a a sticky bolt once and a while when it was new but other than that she's a gem. I now have a .22 and 7.62x39 uppers I run on it as well. I too have been shooting Norinco ammo with no issues.

I got the "crappy mag" issue covered I picked up a few spares for The Shootist in St Albert and did a deal from a fellow CGN yesterday on the LAR mags and 620 rounds of ammo yesterday.

Hey Scott,
    Too wet for Smoky Lake this weekend? See ya next time around lol
    Cheers & keep on truck'n,

Jamie

BANNED
    Awesome! Good first buy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer okcorral1881's Avatar
    Nice......maybe you want to hide your name and home address on the box.
    CSSA.......CCFR.......NRA........NFA..........EOSC

Quote Originally Posted by okcorral1881 View Post
    Nice......maybe you want to hide your name and home address on the box.
    Ahh thanks. That would give the new Alberta NDP and edge and try to steal it before a criminal does

*Removed*

To add- I edited my pics on Photobucket to block the Ser# but to me it looks like they still show. Should that make a difference? I see lots of pics with guys covering up the Ser#. Just figured I'd follow suit.
    Its registered to me anyways...

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast