Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 91/30 repro snipers.

CGN Regular

91/30 repro snipers.

Just ordered a repro sniper, it mentions on the page that they need to be sighted in. Sighted in as in the mounts need to be shimmed or grinded to get it close or have you guys got it close enough where minor reticle adjustments are enough?

CGN Regular
    also sent you guys an e-mail making sure my order didn't get lost in the website migration. i ordered monday and had not received a ship notification. color me impatient, im eager to get my hands on your wares! it's order number 3831.

Quote Originally Posted by derr12 View Post
    Just ordered a repro sniper, it mentions on the page that they need to be sighted in. Sighted in as in the mounts need to be shimmed or grinded to get it close or have you guys got it close enough where minor reticle adjustments are enough?
    If its like mine you will need to shim it
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Regular
    That sucks. seems to me like they could have shimmed it with the help of a bore sight to get it close before it left the store. oh well. guess thats why they are cheaper than the rest of the repros on the market.

At least it's easy on a mosin to remove the bolt and bore sight the scope in.

CGN Regular
    thats what i was thinking... piece of tape at the end of my hallway to get it reasonable close. try that before i splurge on a 10 dollar laser.

CGN Regular
    So that wasn't too bad. I ended up grinding a tad too much and was 6 inches right of poi @ 100m. Gonna try a shim. I did have a question tho. Is the elevation intended to be literal ranges in meters? I.e. 3=300m? The manual is in Russian.

CGN Regular
    or rather my impacts were 6 inches right of point of aim.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by derr12 View Post
    That sucks. seems to me like they could have shimmed it with the help of a bore sight to get it close before it left the store. oh well. guess thats why they are cheaper than the rest of the repros on the market.

It really isn't too hard

CGN frequent flyer
    I think you've got it.

Play with some commercial PPU ammo and see what it does
    My west rifle is a tack driver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast