Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AmmoSupply Review Video on Sure Shot's Binary Targets

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    We put a lot of effort into the video and no effort into my accent so I am glad someone noticed
    Yes, the video is a quality production. Well done.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Nice video. You can get a fireball from targets if they weren't 100% mixed or if they weren't hit center mass as well.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Nice video. You can get a fireball from targets if they weren't 100% mixed or if they weren't hit center mass as well.
    Well clearly I can't have been off center, so it must have been the mixing It was almost worth it for the fireball, although we did have to go and stop a forest fire shortly after filming stopped...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Haha obviously aim was perfect. Couldn't have been that. I've had a few impressive fireballs with normal 1lb rifle targets that looked identicle to that.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnC6 View Post
    Haha obviously aim was perfect. Couldn't have been that. I've had a few impressive fireballs with normal 1lb rifle targets that looked identicle to that.
    Thanks Shawn

Expired Business Member
    On a serious note, the rimfire binary targets are more volitile than the regular rifle targets (this is what makes them detonate at a lower velocity). They are more dangerous, and the powder used in them is flammable. Please take great caution when using them, and especially don't smoke near them/ when mixing them!

Also, we seriously did have to go and stamp out a small fire after using the last target. The grass was dry and we stayed for a good ten minutes to ensure that the fire was thoroughly out. Ideally, this product should be used on something that's unlikely to catch fire (rocks, really green grass etc). We don't want to see binary targets banned in Canada after they start wildfires! Please use responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by AmmoSupply Kate View Post
    On a serious note, the rimfire binary targets are more volitile than the regular rifle targets (this is what makes them detonate at a lower velocity). They are more dangerous, and the powder used in them is flammable. Please take great caution when using them, and especially don't smoke near them/ when mixing them!

Also, we seriously did have to go and stamp out a small fire after using the last target. The grass was dry and we stayed for a good ten minutes to ensure that the fire was thoroughly out. Ideally, this product should be used on something that's unlikely to catch fire (rocks, really green grass etc). We don't want to see binary targets banned in Canada after they start wildfires! Please use responsibly.
    As stated... use common sense and be careful out there people. Our fire department responded to a grass fire started by a binary target. By the time it was out it had scorched about 3 acres (luckily there was a road on one side and a stream on the other that contained the fire spread). I haven't blown all mine up yet, so if one of you goombas wreck it for me I won't be happy
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12