Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Arrival: 7.62x51 (308 Win) NATO Surplus ammo by Hirtenberger Now in Stock

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Anyone wanting to sell their spent brass if it's boxer, I will pay $10/100 casings and pay shipping!
    Thanks Bob

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Crazy hype over 308 lately. I lucked out, and picked up cases of Federal XM80CS 7.62x51 149gr Lake City Brass....500rnds for $469 about 6 or 7 months ago. The green tipped annealed stuff. I always wait on "the other guy", and watch the better prices spring up elsewhere. Happens every time. The other guy is going to give himself a coronary soon me thinks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cgnnut View Post
    Crazy hype over 308 lately. I lucked out, and picked up cases of Federal XM80CS 7.62x51 149gr Lake City Brass....500rnds for $469 about 6 or 7 months ago. The green tipped annealed stuff. I always wait on "the other guy", and watch the better prices spring up elsewhere. Happens every time. The other guy is going to give himself a coronary soon me thinks.
    What was the cost per rd. to your door for the green tip ?

I think the other guy enjoys the banter back and forth.. And he is selling product !!

My quess as to why Anthony did'nt advertise this ammo is because he had to wait to get it to his door. And when the other guy did'nt sell the 500 or 1000 case orders that were talked about?? That left some product for Anthony ??

Quote Originally Posted by Nismojunky View Post
    boxer primed?
    The stuff I had was. Good ammo.
    Andy

Since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    What was the cost per rd. to your door for the green tip ? I think the other guy enjoys the banter back and forth.. And he is selling product !! My quess as to why Anthony did'nt advertise this ammo is because he had to wait to get it to his door. And when the other guy did'nt sell the 500 or 1000 case orders that were talked about?? That left some product for Anthony ??
    There was shipping, can't remember how much, but the place is only a couple hours away, and they had a promotion on ammo so it cancelled out. 2014 production, Lake City brass...lucked out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cgnnut View Post
    There was shipping, can't remember how much, but the place is only a couple hours away, and they had a promotion on ammo so it cancelled out. 2014 production, Lake City brass...lucked out.
    Nice.. Get those deals when you can...
    Some I snooze.. Some I don't..

Organizing a group buy for Peterborough Ontario area if i can get an order of 10 crates together it works out to $565 including taxes per crate

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Just tried some out , had high hopes but was let down accuracy wise .. shot some out of a ultra accurate R700 with stainless match barrel and a brought a accurized scoped M305 that shoots copper washed Norc x51 and AE within a inch usually in 3 shots .. best group with the R700 was two inches best with the M305 was 5 inches !!! It really hated the stuff .. Gona give a try with my other M305, if thats a no go might pull the bullets and load up some SMKs or Swiss GP11 projectiles . Hope it not the old primers ? mine are berdan primed 75 production.

Norinco and AE are way more accurate in the two rifles i shot today , i dont make a habit of firing norc or any steel jacket bullet though my R700 but have and damn the Norc is decent .
    Last edited by boss351cleveland; 06-22-2015 at 05:20 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    Just tried some out , had high hopes but was let down accuracy wise .. shot some out of a ultra accurate R700 with stainless match barrel and a brought a accurized scoped M305 that shoots copper washed Norc x51 and AE within a inch usually in 3 shots .. best group with the R700 was two inches best with the M305 was 5 inches !!! It really hated the stuff .. Gona give a try with my other M305, if thats a no go might pull the bullets and load up some SMKs or Swiss GP11 projectiles . Hope it not the old primers ? mine are berdan primed 75 production.

Norinco and AE are way more accurate in the two rifles i shot today , i dont make a habit of firing norc or any steel jacket bullet though my R700 but have and damn the Norc is decent .
    Just pull the bullet and take out 20 % of the powder, ive heard these are hot and when brought down, they shot great.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

I have shot this stuff , still own a lot of it fr. years ago I don't expect much if any accuracy from hot loaded surplus ammo .
    For the trouble to pull bullets & reweigh powder , you'd be better served rolling your own from scratch.
    Overall excellent ammo (just so expensive surplus that afraid to shoot it most times).
    "Rifles are better than handguns for fighting. The primary purpose for a handgun is ,to fight your way to a Rifle that you should NOT have put down in the first place " ------- Clint Smith- Owner/ Instructor; Thunder Ranch

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast