Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SKS-AR Mag adapter Install Video & pictorial

Hey Dave can I suggest the pics from that thread be transferred over here, and then lock the thread. All the info needed already available but it's getting buried under a mountain of repeated and off topic questions. The only measurement you need is 1" deep when you hog out the mag well, the rest just follow the existing body lines as per the pics.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Valkyrie View Post
    how much to have you do the install if I bring my sks in? thx
    What he said.

Thanks

CGN frequent flyer Black_Valkyrie's Avatar
    Please let me know either in the topic or via pm how much for this setup turnkey if I bring my sks in to your shop. Including barrel shortening but I already have a scout mount so I don't need the rail. thx
    What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes Inferno View Post
    does the shortened barrel on the sks warrant adjustment to the gas system, or does it still run reliably?
    They run perfectly. they handle way better as well.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Valkyrie View Post
    Please let me know either in the topic or via pm how much for this setup turnkey if I bring my sks in to your shop. Including barrel shortening but I already have a scout mount so I don't need the rail. thx
    SKS-AR Magwell install is $199, including stock fitting.

Barrel chop, crown & polish with Bayo lug removal is $99,

Stock Barrel threading with AK threads is $69,

drill & tap scope mounts, $89.

Neck & throat reaming is $69,

Trigger jobs are $99.
    Last edited by hical.ca; 11-06-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Well I installed mine yesterday/last night. It wasn't easy let me just say that first. This was probably made more difficult by the fact that I have very rudimentary tools compared to what you should have. I did it all with an air powered die grinder ($7 at Princess Auto), a HSS burr from Princess Auto, diamond files from Princess Auto, Visegrips and an angle grinder. Two things that were very difficult were getting the mag to seat on a closed bolt (take the die grinder and grind a channel in the front of the bolt for mag to seat in) and getting the adapter itself to fit (the hook on my barrel is significantly lower than the adapter clamp). In the end I ended up welding on the adaptor clamp and bending it up so it would grab the barrel hook while remaining seated at the back by the trigger group. I'm a little worried about bolt integrity now as I have taken significant material off the sides so it will fit between the feed lips.

I'm a second year apprentice machinist and have spend most of my working life working in metal shops, so I figure I have a average or better experience fabricating things, I honestly felt it was a little challenging as a lot of the mods you can't see what is happening as you take a bit off here and there, you really need to understand how the mag should fit and function. Now that I have it together it looks and functions 100%, I just have to try it out and see how she shoots now. Incidentally, grinding the material out of the receiver was the easiest part of the process.
    I like guns....

CGN frequent flyer Black_Valkyrie's Avatar
    thanks. How long do you need to complete the job, and do you test fire it? Are there any reliability issues ie: stovepiping, jams etc?
    What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?

Honestly took me about 4 hours all total. I took it out today and fired 100 rounds through it with 0 issues. Really happy with it, but it was a bit of a pain to install for sure. 10 rounds goes by pretty quick too, but it is very fun.
    I like guns....

anyone try a Beowulf mag yet?

Beowulf mag is generally used with .223, I think it wouldn't offer a whole lot more capacity than the XCR mags, plus a pretty good chance it will not feed worth crap.
    I like guns....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast